IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield?

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? Empty Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield?

Post by Gulf91 Sun May 10, 2015 9:43 am

I have no interest at all in anything before WW2 and know very little about WW1 stuff but saw this on a cheap Buy It Now and snapped it up as a friend thought that being white painted it was probably a 1920s Irish made Vickers helmet.

While waiting for it to arrive I did what little research I could on the Vickers helmets and now it has arrived was a bit gutted to find it wasnt a Vickers helmet but more chuffed to find,again after doing some research that it turns out to be an ET66 stamped WW1 German M16 Helmet with its original liner and rivets(missing its chinstrap) that has at some stage been painted white and a hand painted Nation Colours Shield applied. Searched high and low and cannot ID the shield or white paint so anybody please got any ideas on it?

All the seller could tell me regarding its history is that it had been hanging up in his Dads garage for at least the past 45 years.

Many Thanks.

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0001_zpslwofsqcv

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0002_zpstvlpkugr

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0003_zpsuvaafyji

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0004_zpsovexucbm

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0005_zps0niwxspc

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0006_zpsi32xxrwj

Unknown White Painted WW1 German M16 Helmet with Hand Painted National Colours Shield? DSCF0010_zpsjwhf3tyv

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:36 am