Help to Identify Italian Vest

abefroman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 192

Help to Identify Italian Vest

Post by abefroman on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:22 am

So I am not quite sure what this is. The pictures I have of it all show it being used by members of the Alpine division, but I can't tell if these are all the same vests. Some have ammo pouches on the right and left while the ones from the website do not. Does anyone know the name of this vest? or vests? Maybe some of our Italian members can help.  I am looking to buy one if anyone has a one to sell too. Thanks!

Tocc88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-03-21
    Number of posts : 36

Re: Help to Identify Italian Vest

Post by Tocc88 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:26 am

Hi!
    I don't know very well this type of vest, but I'm sure that in the first and the third photos you posted the vest is different to the one in the second and the last two photos...
    The first and the third photo maybe could refer to special magazine pockets applied to the ALICE system, but as I said before, I'm not sure at all.
    Unfortunately these are very rare pieces, and I don't know their precise name/code identification.
    I hope my words could be helpfull.
    Ciao! Smile

abefroman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by abefroman on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:07 am

Tocc88 wrote:Hi!
    I don't know very well this type of vest, but I'm sure that in the first and the third photos you posted the vest is different to the one in the second and the last two photos...
    The first and the third photo maybe could refer to special magazine pockets applied to the ALICE system, but as I said before, I'm not sure at all.
    Unfortunately these are very rare pieces, and I don't know their precise name/code identification.
    I hope my words could be helpfull.
    Ciao! Smile

Thanks, maybe these pictures will help. They look similar to ALICE but the suspender are very thin. Do you know if anyone besides the Alpini troops used these?

Here are some more of the "thin" suspenders.
    Tocc88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Tocc88 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Unfortunately I don't know how these this type of suspenders are called. It seems to be a very rare item: I only saw it weared by alpini troops in Mozambique 93-94.... no older or more recent photos that show it... If i will discover something new about it i'll sure notice you!

ciao Very Happy

abefroman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by abefroman on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:58 am

Tocc88 wrote:Unfortunately I don't know how these this type of suspenders are called. It seems to be a very rare item: I only saw it weared by alpini troops in Mozambique 93-94.... no older or more recent photos that show it... If i will discover something new about it i'll sure notice you!

ciao Very Happy

Great!! I am looking for Italian vests: armor or ammunition vests from the 1990s Peacekeeping missions. Somalia to Mozambique to the Balkans. I know you are great with getting Italian items so I was hoping you may be able to source them. I have included some links of items in particular that I have been looking for:

Tocc88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Tocc88 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I could find the Armor vest showed in the third photo you posted and I can sell it to you. Obviously without plates. Are you interested? contact me by pm...
    The other pieces are older and, unfortunately, more, more difficult to find... Sad

abefroman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by abefroman on Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:51 am

Tocc88 wrote:I could find the Armor vest showed in the third photo you posted and I can sell it to you. Obviously without plates. Are you interested? contact me by pm...
    The other pieces are older and, unfortunately, more, more difficult to find... Sad

I would be interested if it has soft protections. Here is another picture of it.

Tocc88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Tocc88 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:10 pm

What do you mean by soft protections? If you mean light protection against chippings sorry but is not legal to hold any type of ballistic protections in Italy...

abefroman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by abefroman on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:38 pm

Tocc88 wrote:What do you mean by soft protections? If you mean light protection against chippings sorry but is not legal to hold any type of ballistic protections in Italy...

Yes, I mean like protection from grenades and flak. Are you sure? I was just told bullet protection was illegal?
    Tocc88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by Tocc88 on Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:54 am

the "T.U.L.P.S." set rules for every militar material held by civilians.
    Anyway no grenades/flak protection... personally I've never seen it. Neutral

Ciao!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:48 pm