perspective Ukrainian military iniform presented to the President

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2014-12-06
    Number of posts : 35

perspective Ukrainian military iniform presented to the President

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:25 am

As a part of comprehensive Ukrainian military refom perspective military iniforms were presented to the President by the MOD. The reform envisages as well introduction of new ranking system (e.g. addition of "brigadier" rank and chnage of some other rank names).

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Re: perspective Ukrainian military iniform presented to the President

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:26 am

may provide possible comments on each uniform presented.

mylle
    Major
    Major

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 1317

Post by mylle on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 am

Farewell Soviet style. The service dress uniforms look strange....

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:02 am

Very Happy

Last edited by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:02 am

hope they chage old style uniform and adopt new berets

Last edited by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:03 am

mylle wrote:Farewell Soviet style. The service dress uniforms look strange....

completely agree with you. It looks like a mix of Lithuanian, Turkish, US and space troopers uniforms ))) especially patches

mylle
    Major
    Major

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 1317

Post by mylle on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Yeah absolutely, it looks totally mixed up. Georgia also made such a radical turn and now it looks like
    the armed forces are part of the US military, when it comes to the style. I will miss the big Ukrainian army peaked caps. Laughing

The grey uniform reminds me on Starship Troopers for some reasons.... Wink

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:53 pm

mylle wrote:Yeah absolutely, it looks totally mixed up. Georgia also made such a radical turn and now it looks like
    the armed forces are part of the US military, when it comes to the style. I will miss the big Ukrainian army peaked caps. Laughing

The grey uniform reminds me on Starship Troopers for some reasons.... Wink

Yeah, Starship troopers ))) myself personally will not miss caps ((( they are 100% uncomfottable .... can't wait getting rid of them. My personal vote is for berets, and I belive many of my collegues would support me.

Meanwhile, we should hold the horses, presented examples are just concept patterns (excluding BDUs) that may be rejected either by troops or by designers themselves.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5567

Post by CollectinSteve on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:15 pm

I like the fact that Ukraine is trying to have a unique look for their armed forces. No longer Soviet style, yet not borrowing heavily from US/European countries. I am especially glad to not see Multicam Wink

I personally like the old Soviet/Ukrainian TTsKO pattern, but I think it is ready for retirement. At least from active military service. I wear a pair of Ukrainian army trousers as my standard work trousers. In fact, I wore it this morning while moving around large amounts of dirt with my tractor Wink

Steve

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 pm

OK, I need some clarification on camouflage uniforms, please Smile

The one on the left (digital) is the current uniform for summer conditions and it is not being replaced. Yes? The one on the left is for winter conditions? The one in the middle is for what purpose? Special forces?

Steve

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:24 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:I like the fact that Ukraine is trying to have a unique look for their armed forces.  No longer Soviet style, yet not borrowing heavily from US/European countries.  I am especially glad to not see Multicam Wink

I personally like the old Soviet/Ukrainian TTsKO pattern, but I think it is ready for retirement.  At least from active military service.  I wear a pair of Ukrainian army trousers as my standard work trousers.  In fact, I wore it this morning while moving around large amounts of dirt with my tractor Wink

Steve

Glad to hear )) how do you like them? what pattern were you wearing?

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

CollectinSteve wrote:OK, I need some clarification on camouflage uniforms, please Smile

The one on the left (digital) is the current uniform for summer conditions and it is not being replaced.  Yes?  The one on the left is for winter conditions?  The one in the middle is for what purpose?  Special forces?

Steve

digital camo is the new universal pattern. In this particular case the soldier wears summer uniform, however, by adding some additional gears (e.g. fleece jacket and parka etc.) it may be worn in autumn or winter. The guy in winter clothes displays uniform for extremely cold conditions.
    Good uniform i have to say, better national uniforms I've ever worn.

and.... cherry on the pie ....two guys wear new (experimental) pattern, so-called Varan ZSU (Варан ЗСУ)

http://wings-phoenix.org.ua/en/varan-en

recently introduced pattern, providing better better masking features, undergoes testing in one of the airborne brigades. Just recently the entire battalion has received new uniform set (including underwears, combat belt, jackets and trousers, boonie hat, garrison cap and helmet cover).

New Ukraine-made combat boots undergo testing as well.

Hope it helps.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:01 am

PeacekeeperUa wrote:Glad to hear )) how do you like them? what pattern were you wearing?

It's the standard post Soviet type. My trousers are private purchase and made from probably 60% polyester and 40% cotton. I don't remember how I got it, but it was already used and exactly my size. My previous work trousers were Bundeswehr desert, but I wore out the knees. The Ukrainian trousers are very tough!

PeacekeeperUa wrote:
    digital camo is the new universal pattern. In this particular case the soldier wears summer uniform, however, by adding some additional gears (e.g. fleece jacket and parka etc.) it may be worn in autumn or winter. The guy in winter clothes displays uniform for extremely cold conditions.

and.... cherry on the pie ....two guys wear new (experimental) pattern, so-called Varan ZSU (Варан ЗСУ)

recently introduced pattern, providing better better masking features, undergoes testing in one of the airborne brigades. Just recently the entire battalion has received new uniform set (including underwears, combat belt, jackets and trousers, boonie hat, garrison cap and helmet cover).

Hope it helps.

Yes, helps a lot! So is the idea that Varan ZSU is going to replace the universal digital, or is it going to be used in addition to it?

Steve

PeacekeeperUa
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by PeacekeeperUa on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 am

CollectinSteve wrote:
    PeacekeeperUa wrote:Glad to hear )) how do you like them? what pattern were you wearing?

It's the standard post Soviet type.  My trousers are private purchase and made from probably 60% polyester and 40% cotton.  I don't remember how I got it, but it was already used and exactly my size.  My previous work trousers were Bundeswehr desert, but I wore out the knees.  The Ukrainian trousers are very tough!

PeacekeeperUa wrote:

Hope it helps.

Yes, helps a lot!  So is the idea that Varan ZSU is going to replace the universal digital, or is it going to be used in addition to it?

Steve

It's either to replace the universal pixel camo completely or to be exclusively provided to the airborne and SOF unit. Not clear yet. This pattern has to be GI only prohibited for commercial or private use. Each uniform should contain unique bar code (or any kind of code) making it possible to tracked down its "life cycle"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:40 pm

Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:40 pm