IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.

KommandoPost
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-02-03
    Number of posts : 87

Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Empty Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.

Post by KommandoPost Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:43 am

Does anyone know what this uniform is?  I thought it could be a CISO item at first, but I don't think it's Vietnam era anymore since the little "L" tags appear to be synthetic.  The thread used throughout the garment is synthetic or is a blend of cotton and synthetic. It actually is a large sized uniform.  Based on the waist adjustment system I think it's from a country with ties to the British Commonwealth, or at least a British-influenced nation.  

Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   1_jack10
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   2_pant11

This blank tag was found behind the collar.  
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Backof10

Synthetic tag and hanging loop:
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Jacket10

Waist belt loops on back of jacket:
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Waistb10

I think it's been modified considering there's elastic by the ankle cuffs on the pants while you can see a drawstring hole at those cuffs.  
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Pantsa10

Other interesting features include 2 different button types on the jacket (brown) and on the pants (olive).  
    Jacket:
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Jacket11

Pants:
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Pantsb10

The pants have 2 waist adjustment tabs on either side and they are adjusted using a buckle.  
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   Pantsb11

I've searched all the pockets and could not find anything.  If it helps, I got it from this auction http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vietnam-War-Jungle-Fatigues-pants-JACKET-SHIRTS-SPECIAL-FORCES-AIRBORNE-/221894573949 and it came with these two 82nd Airborne Division OG-107's that are actually closer to medium size.  

This one is worn
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   1_worn10
    This one is starched:
    Unknown OD Combat Uniform - Came with Vietnam War 82nd Airborne Patched OG-107's.   2_star10

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 pm