MTP ECM Pack, tempted to say trials...

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 476

MTP ECM Pack, tempted to say trials...

Post by sobota on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Snapped this up from the bay of E, the chap had it listed as a trials patrol pack but on first seeing it i thought ECM due to the interior padding, there's a label stating NSN NIV so it mustn't have got so far as to be issued. What makes me say trials is whilst its very highly constructed (obviously by CQC), there are some somewhat basic features, ie plastic zips, off green material, very little ITW nexus, and some black plastic components which just look out of place, as seen in the reams of pictures below, i got a bit trigger happy i do apologise.

These tabs on the adjustable shoulder straps really had me stumped, i was looking at them and thinking 'but theyre shaped like the ops panel clips?' - the it hit me! they attach to your body armour so that the shoulder straps dont slip off. A tiny feature but extremely useful.

LeeKitchen1975
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 418

Re: MTP ECM Pack, tempted to say trials...

Post by LeeKitchen1975 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:08 pm

Very nice George, there seems to be plenty of Day Sacks, Bergans etc on issue now, I have lost track!! Smile

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 476

Post by sobota on Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:44 pm

I havent a clue either these days! I was in the HQ store the other day and apparently we now have a 'mounted medic pack' - looked identical to the DCC daysack except it was massive and had just one horizonal rectangular pouch on the front, similar in size to the team medic pouches. Tried to sneak a picture but the RQMS has eyes in the back of his head!

Raptor
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-08-15
    Number of posts : 160

Post by Raptor on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:21 pm

Why did they bother issuing the DCC daysack any way with not one but two separate daysacks going on issue as part of VIRTUS?Same with the MTP PLCE and ECBA. Why bother?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:00 pm

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:00 pm