Experimental (Trials) Smock Combat Arctic MVP (Possibly for Royal Marines or SF use?)

exwoofer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-11-10
    Number of posts : 20

Experimental (Trials) Smock Combat Arctic MVP (Possibly for Royal Marines or SF use?)

Post by exwoofer on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:53 pm

No more info found so far on this smock, its similarity to the Arctic Windproof Smock is obvious though.

SCRDE = Stores and Clothing Research and Development Establishment. Note the 1989/90 date.

James K
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-09-19
    Number of posts : 134

Re: Experimental (Trials) Smock Combat Arctic MVP (Possibly for Royal Marines or SF use?)

Post by James K on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:03 pm

Igot issued one of those with 45 Commando in Norway winter 1990, not uncommon at the time. I still have it in the loft I think

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

Re: Experimental (Trials) Smock Combat Arctic MVP (Possibly for Royal Marines or SF use?)

Post by Gulf91 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Think there was or still is one on Ebay.

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 476

Post by sobota on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:59 am

I'm sure theres been some DDPM SCRDE floating around recently too

exwoofer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by exwoofer on Mon May 09, 2016 12:37 pm

Gulf91 wrote:Think there was or still is one on Ebay.

I will donate £10 to a veterans charity if you can post the link here

James K - same applies if you can get up in your loft and post a pic

I scour ebay like a sh*t house rat and have never seen another of these smocks so I would be very interested to see what you chaps come up with - for charity you understand.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3706

Post by Gulf91 on Mon May 09, 2016 1:01 pm

Didnt save it in my watch list and am not going to look through the ended listings but I know what I saw.

LeeKitchen1975
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Lee
    Registration date : 2012-09-11
    Number of posts : 418

Post by LeeKitchen1975 on Mon May 09, 2016 1:22 pm

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arctic-Windproof-Gore-Tex-Flame-Retardant-British-SAS-Trial-Woodland-DPM-Medium-/222083201715?nav=SEARCH

Two on ebay...

James K
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-09-19
    Number of posts : 134

Post by James K on Mon May 09, 2016 1:48 pm

That one on Ebay isn't the same as mine. Mine doesn't have slotted buttons and the hood doesn't roll in to the collar.

The ebay one listed above is something unusual I have not seen one before. No NSN or contract number either I'm wondering if it's Tantalus

exwoofer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by exwoofer on Mon May 09, 2016 1:53 pm

LeeKitchen1975 wrote:http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arctic-Windproof-Gore-Tex-Flame-Retardant-British-SAS-Trial-Woodland-DPM-Medium-/222083201715?nav=SEARCH

Two on ebay...

Interesting but not the same at all. The one in the link is much more modern and I am not convinced its UK trials issue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:49 am

Current date/time is Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:49 am