IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour

Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour Empty Italian ALICE gear in sand colour

Post by Wolverine Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Here are some more sand-coloured items:

Magazine pouches:
    Italian ALICE gear in sand colour Img_6515

Holster and rectangular (grenade?) pouch:
    Italian ALICE gear in sand colour Img_6516
    Italian ALICE gear in sand colour Img_6517

I am not sure what the rectangular pouch is for, but I know that it also exists in olive drab.

I would be interested to see what other ALICE items have been made in sand colour in Italy.
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour Empty Re: Italian ALICE gear in sand colour

Post by abefroman Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Here are some pouches that were used in the 90s in Mozambique and Somalia. They are similar to the standard Italian 1990s gear, with the addition of a snap on the Velcro closure. I included a picture of them in use below.

From what I have been told, the items you posted were made for the Italian deployment to Iraq in 2003 but the troops decided against using them and replaced them for other more modular gear at the PX. I have not seen a picture of them in use.

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour 20151115

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour 20151118
    Bolty717
    Bolty717
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Bolty
    Registration date : 2012-11-22
    Number of posts : 330

Post by Bolty717 Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:59 pm

I'm in New Zealand and last week saw the same pistol holster for sale in a Army Surplus shop. No price tags but was In the same bin with a variety of other pouches that weren't crazy prices.
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-18
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:38 pm

[quote="abefroman"]Here are some pouches that were used in the 90s in Mozambique and Somalia. They are similar to the standard Italian 1990s gear, with the addition of a snap on the Velcro closure. I included a picture of them in use below.

From what I have been told, the items you posted were made for the Italian deployment to Iraq in 2003 but the troops decided against using them and replaced them for other more modular gear at the PX. I have not seen a picture of them in use.

Abefroman,

It is quite possible, as anything like these that I have seen has been unissued.

It appears in the photograph that the belts and suspenders are also in desert sand colour?
    Tocc88
    Tocc88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-03-21
    Number of posts : 39

Post by Tocc88 Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:24 am

Last summer, in Saudi Arabia, Italian troops took place at an exercise operation called "ferocious falcon". For this event Italian troops worn "vegetata desertica" uniforms and ALICE equipment in sand color made for this purpose... here is a photo of a "Bersagliere" during this operation

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour 65eb30fa-1cd8-4c87-9796-b76c5b07e5e30%20aperturaMedium
    abefroman
    abefroman
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2014-09-26
    Number of posts : 282

Post by abefroman Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm

Tocc88 wrote:Last summer, in Saudi Arabia, Italian troops took place at an exercise operation called "ferocious falcon". For this event Italian troops worn "vegetata desertica" uniforms and ALICE equipment in sand color made for this purpose... here is a photo of a "Bersagliere" during this operation

Italian ALICE gear in sand colour 65eb30fa-1cd8-4c87-9796-b76c5b07e5e30%20aperturaMedium

Wow first time I have seen them in use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am