Swiss WWII Uniform

Ghoward2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-05-29
    Number of posts : 48

Swiss WWII Uniform

Post by Ghoward2 on Tue May 17, 2016 2:42 am

Here's some of my collection of Swiss items from the World War II era. It is not complete, I need boots, pants, and a few other odds and ends.

A few notes: the leather frog is the wrong one (mine is an early model for the Stgw. 57 rifle), the canteen is a (more) modern variant from the 70's, the chargers are loaded with legit GP11 ammunition.

This is not all I have, once I have better pictures I will post the rest of my stuff. I have a bit of an obsession with Swiss stuff, so I have a lot of it. I have a a double breasted smock dated 1917 all the way up to the old variant of TAZ 90 (with the brass and no velcro).

James K
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2015-09-19
    Number of posts : 134

Re: Swiss WWII Uniform

Post by James K on Tue May 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Nice collection. Does the rifle still fire and if so what is it like?

Ghoward2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-05-29
    Number of posts : 48

Post by Ghoward2 on Tue May 17, 2016 8:56 pm

James K wrote:Nice collection.  Does the rifle still fire and if so what is it like?

Yup, perfectly functioning. It is awesome to shoot. I am a lefty so the straight pull is very easy to actuate with my off hand.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5567

Post by CollectinSteve on Wed May 18, 2016 3:12 am

I have a bunch of old Swiss uniforms that I'm looking to part with, along with some old field gear. I don't think I have a set of Swiss boots from this era but I do have a couple of old ones (probably 1950s or 1960s). If you're interested in taking what I have send me a PM and I'll pop off some pictures for you.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:52 am

Current date/time is Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:52 am