IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Berlin polizei belt ?

thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

Berlin polizei  belt ? Empty Berlin polizei belt ?

Post by thunderchild Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:09 am

Recently picked up this early OD belt  just wanted some opinions please ,identical to my late 50's BW belt ,inside is the buckle is stamped  D B P a i think Berlin polizei  belt ? 019_zps7oomx5xlBerlin polizei  belt ? 021_zpswzyy39e3Berlin polizei  belt ? 022_zpsltvsxtpr
    metal73
    metal73
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Andreas
    Registration date : 2014-11-27
    Number of posts : 330

Berlin polizei  belt ? Empty Re: Berlin polizei belt ?

Post by metal73 Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:39 am

hmmm i only know that DBP means Deutsche Bundespost (German Postal Service). They had an own Security Servie from 1950 to 1994 and it was called "Betriebssicherungsdienst". This Security Service should prevent that facility be damaged or sabotaged and to prevent thefts by employees and other persons. I don´t know if the belt was worn by this Security Service.
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by thunderchild Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:38 am

Many thanks Andreas for your help ,very interesting indeed ,i am not familiar with "Betriebssicherungsdienst but i will definitely research further now with this lead
    kindest regards ,James
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:18 am

This is a fairly infamous belt within BRD collecting circles. It is patterned after the Bundeswehr belt of the 1950s, but it is not BW. It is often called BGS, but that is also incorrect as it wasn't specifically worn by them. Here's the story...

It is part of the FuG 6 radio system. The belt had a shoulder strap on it to hang the radio on. The belt itself was used to carry the battery. The radios were issued to BGS, Polizei, and disaster response formations from the 1950s into the 1960s. Therefore, the belt isn't explicitly organization specific. Here is an image of it being worn:

Berlin polizei  belt ? Thw-fug6-1958-1

And a link to the website that hosts this image:

http://www.moba-paffenholz.de/klaus-paffenholz.de/docs/bos-funk/index.html?http://www.moba-paffenholz.de/klaus-paffenholz.de/docs/bos-funk/fug6.html

Steve
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:33 am

Oh, and the belts come in at least two colors. One is dark olive drab, such as yours, the other is distinctly green type. Otherwise identical.

Steve
    thunderchild
    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by thunderchild Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Steve ,many thanks again for your help and knowledge on this subject ,What an interesting background to its use and thanks also for the link ,i forgot to mention or should i say failed to notice untill looking over the belt in greater detail again that the rear hanger is stitched into the belt and i would say judging by the thread used done during manufacture ,im just wondering now thats if my eye's don't deceive me there should be an offset frontal hanger that is unless its part of the radio harness looped through ,crikey how heavy does that battery pack look
    Cheers ,James

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 am