IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai

fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 446

Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai Empty Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai

Post by fourtycoats Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:40 pm

No use having nice uniforms if you do not wear them. It was sunny enough in Ireland today to bring out the desert and tropical uniforms. Here you see a British Royal marine Officer, based in Hong Kong, alongside an Hungarian officer recently returned from peacekeeping duties in the Sinai peninsular.
    Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai Img_1218
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai Empty Re: Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Heh... neat! Probably the only one there dressed like that Wink I personally like this pattern quite a bit, but I know it's not for everybody.

Steve
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai Empty Re: Pakistani Pattern used in the Sinai

Post by fourtycoats Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:35 pm

It is the hat that does it!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 am

Yes, but what it does is a mystery Smile My wife rarely expresses a strong opinion, positive or negative, about all the stuff I take in but she has consistently commented that this hat style is "stupid" and the pattern as "ugly". Personally, I have a soft spot for the oddball designs.

Steve
    fourtycoats
    fourtycoats
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by fourtycoats Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:28 am

I agree Steve. The abundance of digital and multicam patterns has reduced the likelihood and pleasure of finding strange patterns. At one time, serious collectors could identify a pattern from 50 yards but now it takes examination of the cloth, cut and labels to tell one country's digital or multicam pattern from another.
    joni firpo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-05-16
    Number of posts : 132

Post by joni firpo Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:04 am

Just a quick note (please do not take it for offensive, as I like to see the "paki" pattern in Ireland) - the field cap and the field jacket were actually never worn. Hungarian peacekeepers used the "paki" pattern in the Sinai with MFO (brick-red) beret and hat and in some african countries with blue UN beret (or cap).
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:22 pm

joni firpo wrote:Just a quick note (please do not take it for offensive, as I like to see the "paki" pattern in Ireland) - the field cap and the field jacket were actually never worn. Hungarian peacekeepers used the "paki" pattern in the Sinai with MFO (brick-red) beret and hat and in some african countries with blue UN beret (or cap).

That would explain why there are so many unissued hats and field jackets out there. Do you know what the thinking why they were manufactured in large numbers, yet not worn?

Steve
    joni firpo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-05-16
    Number of posts : 132

Post by joni firpo Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:20 am

Both garments (cap and "tanker" style jacket) were part of the "set", but never used, due to the specialities of the area where the suit was issued. Simply the army didn't "think through" the whole thing...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 am