IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I\ D Stamp???

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I\ D Stamp??? Empty 1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I D Stamp???

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:13 am

Just dug them out and never seen anything like them before(cannot post pics Im afraid).

Label states--

PAUL VANDER
    TROUSERS MCG.CG
    GER 20d
    W /I\ D.
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I\ D Stamp??? Empty Re: 1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I\ D Stamp???

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:40 pm

On closer inspection of the label it's 56 and not 66.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I\ D Stamp??? Empty Re: 1966 Dated Dark Green,thick wool trousers with British W /I\ D Stamp???

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Heya Gulf,

Sorry I missed this thread! Well, I for one am very interested to see what you have there. If you can't post pics, can you at least describe the primary features? I'm wondering if it was war reparations production. The Germans made stuff for France and Belgium during this timeframe.

Steve
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:52 am

They are packed away again Steve Im afraid and really need to get a camera sorted.

From memory,really thick,rough dark blue.green wool,2 slash hip pockets and either one or 2 rear pockets.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:55 pm

If it doesn't look like anything the UK used, it's possible this was designed for Labor Services or some other quasi military organization working on behalf of occupying forces. In fact, I'm now pretty certain of that as I'm remembering that the US sector's stuff was made with US military tags even though it was produced in Germany for use by German citizens (in the employment of the US military).

If that's true, what you have is one of those things which is super rare, but only of interest/value to a very small number of people who aren't willing to spend a lot of money. I know because I had a few US sector pieces and sold them in Germany for not that much money. Very niche stuff.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm