TennoHeikaNate
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 57

My Estonian Military/Police Stuff

Post by TennoHeikaNate on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Ever growing, I guess I'll share what stuff I have so far from this lovely little corner of the globe.

First off, a couple TTsKO hats. An older M43 with real earflaps and a boonie, both from probably the early 2000's.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I actually got both from panzerwerk awhile back, so thank you!
    Tags are unfortunately worn on both.

Easily one of the most comfortable boonie's I've ever had the pleasure to place on my noggin.

Next, a 1990's flask pouch in the early wacky purple TTsKO.

With 1957 Soviet flask

All together

The following stuff was all obtained by a great Estonian pal of ours, Merk, who provides a great source for this stuff and experience and info to go along with it.
    So special thanks to him and a shout out!

Next up is a TTsKO ushanka. From the 90's or 00's.
    Has a gold coat of arm's badge, according to Merk these are worn by professional/career soldiers, and conscripts doing their national service wear the Eesti roundel.

Apparently, for some odd reason, you can only wear the small dinky inner ear flap in cold weather, and not the actual ear flaps.

Writing of former owners, "PAITS" and "TAMMARU"

A HUGE winter TTsKO parka, obviously Afghanka inspired.
    This one, according to Merk, is a "quintessential 90's piece" with lovely purple tint and epaulets, which served to put rank slides before they were removed and rank was placed on a single loop on the chest, sometime in the early 00's.

"Estonian Army"

This one however was an Air Force one, missing its patch but Merk pulled through and found it and provided one.
    Amari Air Base.

Not yet sewed on, but as it will be.

It also came with an East German UTV pistol belt, apparently the fashion back then was to wear whatever belt you could find.
    And also, this 1990 Swedish field dressing in the arm pocket.

A pair of TTsKO summer trousers. These are also from the 1990's.
    They are brand new, some buttonholes were still sewed shut.

A TTsKO rainsuit, from the 2000's. In the older front snap style, rather than the pullover.

Some dress rank slides, for junior officers.
    Ensign "Lipnik", 2nd Lieutenant "Nooremleitnant", and Lieutenant "Leitnant",

A thermal cold weather undershirt, dated 2009. Nicknamed "Soble", apparently a staple of the "lounging" uniform Very Happy

And finally some police stuff. Here we have an old Soviet era auxiliary police armband and badge.
    Under those are a newer sleeve patch and some rank studs, very similar to the East German ones.

And finally we have a standard 1990's era Estonian police service uniform, sans duty belt and trousers.
    The visor is an 8-point, and has a beautiful coat of arms badge.
    The service jacket is a sort of Ike-style, and has the older two piece patch and tab on the shoulder, and I added the rank studs, although it is still missing two.
    The shirt is a basic short-sleeve button up, and has two coat of arms on each sleeve.

And everyone loves photos, right?

Here you can see the dress uniform with rank slides

The old rainsuit

I imagine there were different twills, but my TTsKO trousers seem to have a higher polyester content than most later ones.
    Maybe 90's uniforms were more like that? This lovely girl on the left seems to have a pair like mine.

Some 90's pics, showing the plethora of gear the Estonians used, as well as some of their own early stuff.

This man has a Soble, KLMK, old winter parka, and his M43 has that same coat of arms as Grant has on one of his caps.

Soble on the front guy

Very Soviet looking winter gear

Some Sobles under the summer uniform

This fellow decided to don some rain camo

ATC tower at Amari Air Base

Estonian police, 1990's

Enjoy!
    -Nate
    ripcord
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 1710

Re: My Estonian Military/Police Stuff

Post by ripcord on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:55 pm

Wow...

Great Photos.

I see at least one pattern most of us have never seen before.

Great kit as well.. Estonian rocks !!

S
    dynamo.alex
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2012-11-20
    Number of posts : 528

Post by dynamo.alex on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:57 pm

nice collection items and outstanding, interesting pictures. thanks for sharing.
    TennoHeikaNate
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by TennoHeikaNate on Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:25 am

Got a few new things a little bit ago:

Winter TTsKO trousers. These are dated 2006, and according to Merk is the last iteration before the change, as the "ESTPAT" stuff was coming in around 2006.
    These differ from the previous "Soviet" M88/Afghanka cut and have the later "modern" cut, including an elastic waist, velcro cargo pockets, a permanent sewn-in quilted nylon/poly liner, and pant legs that zip up to the knees to allow them to be donned over winter boots, as well as velcro cuffs at the base to tighten around the boots.

A now completed set, excluding long johns/Soble shirt.

Some of the extras he threw in include a Kaitsepolitsei patch, essentially the Estonian version of the FBI, and a Lahingukool "Battle School" tape.

Allegedly these patches are worn "in the field"

Hard to see on these guys, they are usually worn over the left pocket but rarely the right as well

And lastly, a 2000's Estonian Police short sleeve service shirt, straight out of the factory packaging.
    Compared to the earlier 90's stuff you can see at one point the Estonian police patch combined the "Politsei" tab with the shield.
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5873

Post by CollectinSteve on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Some great items and a fantastic spread of pictures.  Well done Very Happy

The most interesting picture in the entire mix, I think, is this one:

The guy on the right is wearing an Amoeba camo uniform based on the current uniform cut.  I've never seen that before!  I'm assuming it is for some force such as Defense League, not regular military. The guy on the left is wearing Defense League badging, so it's a good guess.

Steve
    dynamo.alex
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2012-11-20
    Number of posts : 528

Post by dynamo.alex on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:10 pm

absolutely great pitures and fantastic items. thanks for sharing ... @Steve, nice picture, too.
    TennoHeikaNate
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by TennoHeikaNate on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:01 am

Merk mentioned that uniform before, can't remember if he had one and sold it. You'd have to ask him, he mentioned a few experimental/trial uniforms.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:43 am

Another nice picture!  Shows the big color contrast of a new and worn uniform with the detachable sleeve badge on the right arm.

As for the odd Amoeba in modern cut, I have a Defense League digital uniform.  It's very similar to the standard issue, but a little lower quality. So I'm not surprised to see the Defense League had its own Amoeba uniform, but very surprised to see they bothered to make one in the modern cut since they were already using digital by that point (Defense League got the BDU style digital camo uniform).

Steve
    ripcord
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 1710

Post by ripcord on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am

That uniform could  to be a trial, or maybe a unit purchase..

Certainly noticed it right away.  Non digital, current cut..

Defense league did have digital uniforms in a similar cut to the old amoeba uniforms, so the whole thing is weird.  Most likely  a very limited production uniform.

S
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:47 am

ripcord wrote:
    Defense league did have digital uniforms in a similar cut to the old amoeba uniforms, so the whole thing is weird.

What was mentioned by an Estonian member, somewhere on this forum, is that the digital uniforms in the old cut were originally intended for the regular armed forces. However, very few were issued before the cut was changed to the new cut. All remaining stocks went to the Defense League.

This could be true, but it could also be true that the Defense League ordered a batch of uniforms in the old cut because it was cheaper than the new cut. The cloth is also different than new cut uniforms that followed. This fits a pattern with the Defense League uniforms.

For sure there's a lot of oddball stuff out there. The amoeba set in the old cut is just a reminder of that fact. I have ripstop amoeba trousers in the old cut, for example. Apparently extremely rare. I'll probably never get a jacket Sad

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:02 am