IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Surplus stores in Paris?

DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Surplus stores in Paris? Empty Surplus stores in Paris?

Post by DS9ACU Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:35 am

I'm heading to Paris for a few days as a part of an extended trip next week and was wondering if anyone knows of any good surplus stores in the city?

My search has shown a few but can't gather much as far as the quality of the surplus vs the reproductions/commercial stuff.
    bousquet123
    bousquet123
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : BOUSQUET
    Registration date : 2012-02-06
    Number of posts : 80

Surplus stores in Paris? Empty Re: Surplus stores in Paris?

Post by bousquet123 Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi,

you must go the flea market "Porte de Cligancourt" (metro station) there ae several militaria stores some very good with interesting stuffs. The market is open only the week end and take care of your money there are pickpockets coming from East Europe !
    In Paris there are several shops but I don't remenber the complete adress (you can ask to Google most of them have a website)
    - Doursoux surplus
    - Le Poilu
    - Overlord
    - Outemer

I hope you'll find good stuffs and welcome in France (and don't forget Parisians are not like the majority of Frenchs Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-19
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:25 pm

I have had good luck at Le Poilu for pre-1945 items, but prices may seem high by North American standards. For more current French and Euro army stuff, I agree with Bousquet - the flea market at the Porte de Glignacourt is always good. There is one area in the market with lots of surplus stalls, the largest of which is Tranchee Militaire: https://www.trancheemilitaire.com/

The nice thing about the flea market is that you can cover lots of stuff in one area on foot (although the market is large, it can still be covered on foot). The other surplus shops in town are spread all over the place, and for the time it takes to reach them on the metro, I find it is better to spend the time in the market. Also, I found the prices there to be more reasonable than shops like Doursoux.

If you go to the market, bring a large backpack to carry any finds, otherwise it can get pretty exhausting.
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Post by DS9ACU Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:52 am

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will definitely have to check out the market. Sounds a lot more fun to search through!
    Wolverine
    Wolverine
    Major
    Major

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2014-01-19
    Number of posts : 1395

Post by Wolverine Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:21 pm

It really is a great place to visit - not just for the militaria, but because you will encounter just about every conceivable object there, and different parts of the market have different cultural atmospheres. Even in the oldest parts of North America, one does not encounter such an eclectic mixture of antiques and curiosities. When you first enter the market by walking underneath an overpass for the Paris ring road, it will seem like just a bunch of stalls selling made-in-China junk, but once you get into the heart of the market, the real interesting stuff will appear.
    Surplus stores in Paris? Leuven10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am