nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3196

Diamondback Tactical Plate Carrier

Post by nkomo on Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:04 pm

I picked up this plate carrier on my last visit to Ft. Campbell. I found this in a little surplus shop for $20. The shop was FULL of surplus and items the soldiers had sold to him. He had a beautiful Panamanian 5th Victoriano Lorenzo woodland BDU set (Panamanian made) that was captured during Just Cause. He would not part with that set for anything. I even made him a very generous offer and he declined.

Anyway, this is a Diamondback Tactical plate carrier in coyote/desert tan. As you can see, this vest has a hand penned G-3399 on the tag. Seems that the letter/numbers combo was a common practice for soldiers to identify their uniforms and gear in OIF/OEF. I was told that private purchase body armor was a no-no for soldiers in theatre. Since this one came out of Ft. Campbell...the home of the 5th SF Group.....it is possible that this may have been a private purchase or a unit purchase item for the SF guys. The plate carrier is in good shape, but has been used.

alexd
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-06-30
    Number of posts : 42

Re: Diamondback Tactical Plate Carrier

Post by alexd on Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:08 am

I think some of this PC went with the early Eagle SF kits but I'm not sure and they were Tan color.
    Anyway, great find as usual.

Current date/time is Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:47 pm