IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage?

yalla-yalla

Registration date : 2014-04-16
    Number of posts : 8

Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage? Empty Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage?

Post by yalla-yalla Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:47 am

Hi,
    This is a photo of an Egyptian Army officer in 1974. The uniform is like no Egyptian uniform I've ever seen. I'm thinking it may be a gift from a fellow Arab officer serving on the Egyptian front during that time (Morocco, Kuwait, Libya, Algeria, all had troops in Egypt.)
    Wish the photo were better quality.
    Thanks in advance!Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage? Screen11
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage? Empty Re: Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage?

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Wow. I think I have trousers in this pattern. Or used to. I can't remember if I still have it or not. The colors were very bright with a dominate lime green color and that light color is pretty much white. I never knew where it was from. I'll see if I can locate it.

Steve
    Zedthefed
    Zedthefed
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Sam
    Registration date : 2015-07-08
    Number of posts : 92

Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage? Empty Re: Unknown Egypt/Middle East camouflage?

Post by Zedthefed Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:39 pm

Reminds me of the Red Dawn movie camo.
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

Post by bolo Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:38 am

looks like some type of SOVIET camo to me Cool
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:39 am

Man, I really do need to see if I still have the trousers. I'm 95% sure it's the same as this jacket. I was told it was Sudanese. Certainly it was cut like an East African uniform in that it was for someone tall and VERY skinny. Given that Egypt borders Sudan, and there is some documentation of uniform sharing, I'm thinking the description I was given is plausible.

Steve
    yalla-yalla

Registration date : 2014-04-16
    Number of posts : 8

Post by yalla-yalla Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:37 pm

Thanks Steve! That is a good lead. Sudan would make sense - they had troops deployed to Egypt during this period.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:56 pm