IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Empty Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants

Post by CollectinSteve Mon May 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Here are the four types of Jigsaw in ripstop that I am aware of.  Any others?

Temperate Model, Early (1997)
    First standard uniform for all branches of the Belgian forces.  Initially it did not have a BELGIUM tape but did have a flag.  Also, the OD subdued badges did not exist so soldiers wore the full color types normally used on dress and olive green uniforms.
    Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Dsc00413

Temperate Model, Late (2003)
    The uniform is identical to the Early type, but came with BELGIUM tape over left breast and no flag on the shoulder.  Soldiers were instructed to remove their flags from existing uniforms and put on the new BELGIUM tape.
    Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Dsc00412

Tropical Model (2004?)
    Same basic design as the Temperate model, but made in a different cloth. Probably because of the cloth the colors are a little darker/richer than the Temperate.
    Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Dsc00415

No-white Model (2012)
    This uniform was deliberately made without any white in it. It was supposed to become standard issue, but did that happen?  It's simlar to the Tropical Model in terms of the feel of the cloth. The colors are similar to the Tropical type.
    Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Dsc00414

Steve
    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Seb
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 471

Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Empty Re: Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants

Post by belgium_one Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:51 am

Hello - about the "no-white model", we can see on the plastic packaging that there are two variants: standard and tropical. The photos come from the site “Vinted”

Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Af7f

Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants Y2xe
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:20 am

When this uniform was first introduced in 2012 it was in limited quantities. I know the winter shell (smock/coat) was issued with it, but I have only recently seen it in the solid cotton cloth. I think it became standard issue a number of years ago, but I have not seen much for sale. Maybe Belgium is now destroying uniforms instead of surpplusing them?

Steve
    user6075ef730fa82
    user6075ef730fa82

Name : Velpmans
    Registration date : 2022-06-06
    Number of posts : 6

Post by user6075ef730fa82 Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:41 pm

Hello, you seem to have slightly mixed up the models.

So first there is normal jigsaw, with white, in standard cloth(90's onward).
    Then there is the tropical uniform, with lighter cloth and no white, made for "tropical conditions" in reality this was mostly missions to train other armies in africa. (started arround 2010?)

After 2015 (maybe 2014) all newly produced jigsaw had no white. Standard uniforms in normal cloth, helmet covers, combat jackets, molle pouches . . . all made in this new standard jigsaw.
    Both versions were used together until this year.

Notes, combat shirts were made in both, so were helmet covers. With molle vests the there are more differences.

If i was unclear, or you need pictures of proof i will gladly help you out!

Ps. Our surplus just stays arround a really long time, you still see cadets/interns wearing 80's kit.
    Surplus is still being sold at public auction:
    https://www.mil.be/nl/extra-info-en-diensten/verkoop-van-materieel-en-domeinen/

Last edited by user6075ef730fa82 on Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
    belgium_one
    belgium_one
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Name : Seb
    Registration date : 2015-11-10
    Number of posts : 471

Post by belgium_one Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:15 pm

Hello
    I searched through many photos to find the oldest one that shows the "no white" model.

I have here in 2012

Belgian Jigsaw Ripstop Variants 91uo
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:03 am

user6075ef730fa82 wrote:Hello, you seem to have slightly mixed up the models.

So first there is normal jigsaw, with white, in standard cloth(90's onward).
    Then there is the tropical uniform, with lighter cloth and no white, made for "tropical conditions" in reality this was mostly missions to train other armies in africa. (started arround 2010?)

After 2015 (maybe 2014) all newly produced jigsaw had no white. Standard uniforms in normal cloth, helmet covers, combat jackets, molle pouches . . . all made in this new standard jigsaw.
    Both versions were used together until this year.

Notes, combat shirts were made in both, so were helmet covers. With molle vests the there are more differences.

If i was unclear, or you need pictures of proof i will gladly help you out!

Ps. Our surplus just stays arround a really long time, you still see cadets/interns wearing 80's kit.
    Surplus is still being sold at public auction:
    https://www.mil.be/nl/extra-info-en-diensten/verkoop-van-materieel-en-domeinen/

Thanks for the info. I don't see this as being in conflict with any of the above discussion. What is in error?

I don't know when the no-white "Tropical" uniform started production, but you are correct that the first items started showing up in 2010. I checked another folder of pictures and found a 2010 picture that shows the no-white field coat in use. The earliest picture I have of the "Tropical" uniform in use is 2012. That is the date of my example as well.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:29 pm