IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt?

TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 310

Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Empty Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt?

Post by TennoHeikaNate Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:16 pm

Got this shirt today, seller said it was Indian army/police but I couldn't find any photos of it being worn, only the purple/blue variant and the reddish/pink one for the cadets.
    Maybe some other special police or security unit? Is there any other countries that use the fern pattern? Or is it possibly just commercial?

It has a button front, two button pockets, single button cuffs, and button epaulets that have been entirely sewn down.
    There is a pen pocket on the left sleeve, and some black stitching for what looks to be some sort of name badge or something over the left chest pocket.
    The material is incredibly thin; in the one photo in front of my sliding glass door you can see the sleeve through both front and back material of the shirt.
    The only marking I can find is the size tag in the neck.

Thanks for looking!
    -Nate

Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Indian10
    Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Indian11
    Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Indian12
    Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Indian14
    Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Indian13
    TennoHeikaNate
    TennoHeikaNate
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Nate
    Registration date : 2013-10-16
    Number of posts : 310

Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Empty Re: Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt?

Post by TennoHeikaNate Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:25 am

Addition leads found; apparently Bhutan has been known to use Indian fern, I suppose that could be a possible lead but I haven't found anything yet.
    I also found evidence of two missing patches on the right upper sleeve; one higher, large, and square, about 4" per side, the other slightly smaller and round of about 3" diameter. No evidence that I can tell of any faint writing or other missing insignia besides the two parallel black stitches over the center of the left pocket.

My current leads are pointing to some sort of Indian police unit. But with tons of sub-units inside of sub-units, over 30 different state police forces spread all over India, many with varying to almost no regard for matching camouflage uniformity, poor and few photos of many of said police units, the task of pinpointing which one seems enormous. Additionally, it's entirely possible due to the simple construction, tag, and quality of the shirt that it's some small commercial piece that was private purchased.

Unknown Indian Urban Fern Shirt? Outlin10

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 am