IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip Empty Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:06 am

I got this for a dollar at my local surplus store, I tried looking at Aussie and British rank slips and this doesnt match I dont think, anyone have any idea what it is?

Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip Amh001

Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip Amh002
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip Empty Re: Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:31 am

Belgian, used in the 1980s and early 1990s. This style of rank was used for both the Army and Airforce. No idea about Navy, but it's probable they did as well. These were issued in pairs and worn on the shoulders. They are also of a plastic type material, but quite different and not shiny like the old ones. For a while they were issued in pairs for shoulders, but now the use a single rank slipon for a chest epaulette. The two types are different as the first one had raised subdued rubber rank shapes on one side, the new ones have raised subdued on one side and raised ocher colored rank shapes on the other. At least that's the last type I've seen!

Steve
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip Empty Re: Brown Rubberized Corporal Rank Slip

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:36 am

CollectinSteve wrote:Belgian, used in the 1980s and early 1990s. This style of rank was used for both the Army and Airforce. No idea about Navy, but it's probable they did as well. These were issued in pairs and worn on the shoulders. They are also of a plastic type material, but quite different and not shiny like the old ones. For a while they were issued in pairs for shoulders, but now the use a single rank slipon for a chest epaulette. The two types are different as the first one had raised subdued rubber rank shapes on one side, the new ones have raised subdued on one side and raised ocher colored rank shapes on the other. At least that's the last type I've seen!

Steve

This one has a seam on the back side, and has the raised corporal stripes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm