IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF

nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF Empty Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF

Post by nkomo Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:10 pm

Before anyone says anything, I know these boots are of Saudi Arabian manufacture. That being said, this type of boot was sometimes used by US Special Forces when they did cross-border operations. These boots were not very popular because they were cheaply made and were exceedingly uncomfortable to wear. However, they were used because of the different tread pattern on the sole compared to the US boot. From what I understand, the SF also used cardboard on the sole of US boots to mask the tread pattern. Thought some of the modern collectors might like to see what these boots looked like so they can be on the lookout for a pair. Nice thing about these boots is that if you know what you are looking for, you can find these boots for under $25.

I also have two other pairs with a slightly different design. I will dig those out and place them here for reference.

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF 00425
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF 00623
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF 00722
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF 00129
    Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF 00327

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 930

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF Empty Re: Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF

Post by AndrewA74 Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:19 pm

Nice boots ya got there! I never would'a guessed they used something like that!
    Andrew
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF Empty Re: Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF

Post by nkomo Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:20 pm

AndrewA74 wrote:Nice boots ya got there! I never would'a guessed they used something like that!
    Andrew
    Thank for the compliment. These are definitely overlooked by the average SF collector.
    Arch

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Nes
    Registration date : 2010-05-23
    Number of posts : 162

Post by downboy Tue May 25, 2010 4:15 am

Yes they did use those as the official US desert boots were still being rushed and did`nt get widely issued as the war ended rather quickly.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:13 pm

My information came from Soldier of Fortune magazine May 1992 issue. It was an article entitled "Bulldog Balwanz and His Eight- Man Army" by Dale B. Cooper (pgs. 32-37 and 73). The article was written from first-person accounts of a cross-border operation CWO2 Richard F. Balwanz led during Desert Sotrm. Here is the direct quote from the article:

"The Green Berets were issued Saudi desert boots, so they wouldn't leave familiar footprints like the U.S.-made jungle boot. Some team members found that the Saudi boots hurt their feet, so they taped cardboard onto the soles of their jungle boots and wore those."

Saudi Arabian Desert Boots worn by the USSF Dscn1817

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-10-22
    Number of posts : 146

Post by 2ndAIF Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:39 pm

They have a very similar tread pattern to the old Australian GP boots
    pk977
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-03-22
    Number of posts : 26

Post by pk977 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 pm

Do you still have stock now, look awesome
    pk977
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-03-22
    Number of posts : 26

Post by pk977 Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:37 am

Anyone know, where can we find it now
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by nkomo Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:39 pm

pk977 wrote:Anyone know, where can we find it now
    I found two pair in a pawn shop outside of Ft. Campbell (home of the 5th SFG) and one pair on Ebay. At this time, none of mine are for sale.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 am