South Korea Marine Corps Pattern circa 1980's

filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1043

South Korea Marine Corps Pattern circa 1980's

Post by filupe on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:46 am

I think at some point this pattern stopped becoming a combat uniform and became solely a parade uniform as one usually finds these bedecked with all sorts of insignia, a lot of it direct embroidered. I was lucky to find one shirt relatively unembellished.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5790

Re: South Korea Marine Corps Pattern circa 1980's

Post by CollectinSteve on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Heh... yeah, the amount of BLING on the parade versions is something to behold Smile You've got yourself a really nice example there.

Steve
    ripcord
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 1663

Post by ripcord on Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Picked up one of these flamboyantly decorated uniforms recently.

There is a large Korean community in Queens NY . First time I saw this pattern and accompanying decorations was during a Korean New Year parade in Flushing..
    There were 3 groups of Korean Veterans marching in these eye catching uniforms and others.

Saw this pattern and other SK patterns again  during the last few Veteran's Day parades in NY City.
    I posted some photos on this forum of one of the past parades showing  attending Korean Vets.

One  of the large decorations is  directly embroidered right through a  pocket rendering it useless.    Parade uniforms or perhaps for garrison use, but definitely interesting..

S

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 23, 2017 9:24 pm