IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni Empty "Loud" Trop DPM Uni

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:02 pm

Anyone have a Trop DPM uniform in the "louder" colours they'd be willing to part with? Even ones with smaller sizes (i.e.; 30" waist/36" chest, etc) are fine. The louder, the better, so long as they match (as best as possible, given their obscurity). Please just no rips, tears or holes please, unless noted to me prior. Ideally, I'd like a set that looks like the trousers pictured here.

I'm willing to trade a set of USMC Woodland Digis (size M/R) if willing. I am also willing to do a purchase set-up through eBay if that's more convenient than a uniform trade.

PLEASE PM me or use the reply function to let me know if you have such a set. Thanks!

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni Im003978ao8 "Loud" Trop DPM Uni W640

Cheers!

Last edited by Camo_fiend on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni Empty Re: "Loud" Trop DPM Uni

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:37 am

The often called "Belize" issue tropical stuff is hard to find and quite expensive. I've got an orphan shirt that has waited about 10 years for trousers. The only few I've seen for sale went for money that I wasn't comfortable paying. The primary problem you're going to have is finding a seller who doesn't know what he has and posts info/pics good enough to know it isn't the more common tropical pattern, yet not do so where the other Brit crazy collectors find out about it Smile

Based on a wild guess and today's exchange rate, I'd expect to see a set of good trousers go for $100 USD on a clearly identified eBay auction.

Good luck to you Wink

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:58 am

Did not realise they were this pricey. I've been kind of shopping around today.

There's a set in the Flatwoods Museum that looks almost exactly like what I'm looking for. *cough* lol!
    I found that I could get a complete set for about £45, (which isn't hateful by any means) but shipping to the USA totally kills it.

I'll keep looking and hope that I get lucky.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:28 pm

You have to be VERY careful about these sets because the "normal" colored ones are in the same exact cut. Depending on the lighting of the pictures they can look very much like the Belize type or the Belize types can look just like the normal ones. On top of that, some of the lighter variants kinda look like Belize when they are really washed out, but they definitely aren't (you can tell when you hold them up against each other). Which is why I've really not put much effort into finding a set of trousers because the ones which are clearly identified attract too much attention from people like me that don't want to gamble on a faded or badly pictured set Very Happy

45 GBP is a great price IMHO for a good condition and clearly legit set. But like you say, shipping really pops the price up since Royal Post is amongst the most expensive out there.

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:38 pm

I have a pair of trop trousers in the same style as the ones in my photo, except they favour the 94-pattern Temperate DPM. The tag says "Combat Trousers, Tropical" or something like that though, so I know they're trops, I just don't really know from when.

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 pm

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni 100_1239
    Full shot of the trousers.

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni 100_1241
    Up close of the leg pocket. Looks like these had been touched-up to cut down on glare?

"Loud" Trop DPM Uni 100_1246
    Waist-band. Note the heavier twill-type of material.

Tag says "Trousers, Combat: Tropical".

Hope this will help anyone point me in the right direction to hopefully at least find a shirt to match these!

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:47 am

The colors varied quite a bit over time and from garment to garment. For some reason the Brits weren't too picky about color matching. They sometimes have brown buttons and sometimes a dark blue. I've got a couple of spare shirts and trousers in this pattern (1980s, I think!). I'm in the process of putting together a sale/trade list so when it's done I'll send it along to you if you like.

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:06 am

Thanks Steve, that'd be great.
    I did a little more research and found out today that there are more variations of Trop DPM than I'd care to imagine. lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm