IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+49
mylle
59tankbat
sh4pak
marysandders
jimmyduncan23
cairyhunt
loski
elssilver
DanielDK
PedroPato
ripcord
NorBn
mk209
imagehunter
Victor Brunswick
teysseire1972
RT-VIPER
Tyler Flint
ubershave
lammasulyon
kammo-man
Duncan McLain
fourtycoats
Albano
APreston
Gulf91
sobota
koalorka
freddy
drmatz
bolo
pwmiraldi67
Corpl. Cleaver
navax
5th AD
Mk1rceme
bond007a1
Sgt P.
nkomo
CamoDeafie
misanthropic_gods
Camosaurus
Mercenary25
CollectinSteve
Camo_fiend
1stDivVet
Philip
panzerwerk
DS9ACU
53 posters

Do you wear pieces of your collections?

Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you wear pieces of your collections?

Post by Camo_fiend Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:53 pm

My go to fleece is the Latvian coyote tan one. It's an actual quality PolarTec fleece, not an imitation made by the lowest bidder, like what I was issued in service.

I also have the Russian equivalent of the SnugPak jacket. Very warm, as well as windproof. Great water resistance as well. For dressier occasions in winter, I have a dark grey, patchless Bulgarian wool overcoat. Looks great with a suit or even khakis and a sweater.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Camonut314
    Camonut314
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-12
    Number of posts : 399

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Empty Re: Do you wear pieces of your collections?

Post by Camonut314 Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:28 pm

Options 1, 2 and 3

Early Gen ECWS, made by RAVEN in USA
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Dscf0410

Israeli Dubon
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Dscf0411

Or, if things get really nipply, Soviet flight jacket. Super warm, cumbersome, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was resistant to small arms fire Razz
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Dscf0412
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:04 pm

That old leather could probably deflect low-velocity shrapnel, at the very least! Laughing

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Solideo
    Solideo
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Juan J. Morales
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 222

Post by Solideo Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:05 am

Never, My collection is sacred.

Otherway I have to say most Spanish guys where smaller than me from 1920 to 1980.

Last September 20th I was asked some Spanish Civil War and Africa campaign uniforms for a theater act in 4th Tercio of Spanish Legion, so some of them were worn many decades after their age, but those are exceptions.

Best
    59tankbat
    59tankbat
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Marc
    Registration date : 2011-11-29
    Number of posts : 202

Post by 59tankbat Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:41 pm

i bought a us army M65 with only 1 nametape fr daily use instead of the fully patchd us airforce M65 i posted earlier! A bit more low visibility army nutcase jocolor  jacket! Very Happy

Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Img_6211
    Do you wear pieces of your collections? - Page 5 Img_6212
    happydays Smile
    idiot88
    idiot88
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-07-08
    Number of posts : 11

Post by idiot88 Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:58 pm

I wear all mine at airsoft games, but I have more camo sets than the number of games I go to in a year.  I sometimes wear jackets to work in the winter. I bought an Italian San Marcos Comsubin, spray paint camo pants from Collectin Steve a few years ago. I wore it once to an airsoft game and massively split the crotch. Have not got around to sewing it yet.

Last edited by idiot88 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added stuff)
    hawkeye4771

Registration date : 2009-02-15
    Number of posts : 9

Post by hawkeye4771 Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:29 pm

I wear the German Flektar in winter and summer. I wear the parka with a thick commercial fleece hoody as a liner on woodland hikes in winter and the Flektar shirt, pants, and fatigue hat in summer on woodland hikes. I also have the older Canadian O.D. parka with heavy winter issue pants I'll wear on occasion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:16 pm