IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Bury_Dave
APreston
Philip
Camosaurus
Camo_fiend
panzerwerk
nkomo
5th AD
CollectinSteve
bond007a1
14 posters

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection?

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Empty WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection?

Post by bond007a1 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:03 am

I thought it would be fascinating to see what everyone regrets selling/losing from their collections, and post photos if you have them...

The item I MOST regret selling is an Italian San Marco Battalion Experimental Jacket

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Italys10

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Italys11

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Italys12

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Italys13

the 2nd MOST regrettable item was my 3rd GROM coveralls, that I stupidly sold because I had 3...
    Unfortunatly, I don't have the photos of it, I used to have one but who knows where it is... Crying or Very sad
    I am sure I have a few more...I will have to think about them...

Steven

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Empty Re: WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection?

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:21 am

I have no regrets because I don't sell/trade out of my collection Very Happy VERY early on in my collecting I decided that once something came in it had to be replaced by something superior before it left. The downside of this is I need a bigger house!

Actually, I did trade two items, however the items I got back in exchange were far better. So while I do miss the stuff that went away, I don't regret trading them. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

At first I thought that BSM jacket was simply an early production. Then I noticed the pockets are vertically aligned, there are no lower pockets, and there is funky stuff going on with the arms. Yeah, I'd be kicking myself if I let that one go Wink

Steve
    5th AD
    5th AD
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Location : Between the pit of mans fears and the summit of his knowledge
    Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 185

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? Empty Re: WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection?

Post by 5th AD Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 am

Two original WWII tanker jackets that I got for extremely cheap but had to sell for other items. Sad
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Well.........I normally don't sell items from my collection, but one item comes to mind immediately. I was in need of money and I sold Steven one of the few original sets of Kazhakistani desert uniforms I have seen. Furthermore, it was a copy of the Spetsnaz Mobutu uniform. I regret that on a regular basis. However....I do have a modified Marine ERDL set I got off of Steven. Very Happy

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 pm

I regret selling my Turkish stuff , but it was roe personal reasons , and I know it went to a good home !! And Steve G gave me some absolutely AWESOME stuff in trade !!!
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 pm

I haven't sold anything from my collection, but there is one item in particular that I regret not getting... This past summer at The Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly VA, there was a militaria dealer who was selling a South African urban camouflage police smock. I had never seen one of these before, and cannot find much info on it, nor have I been able to find one since. It was a two-coloured smock, with a gray base and black splotches that were reminiscent of DPM blurs. Neutral

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:26 am

Good news Ben! That is a commercial piece Smile I had a bunch of it at one point. Pretty cool, but I don't keep a hold of non-issue gear so I sold it all on eBay. I just checked and a jacket/trouser combo (decent used condition) sold for a little over $80 and a smock sold for $37. The former was made by Adder (jacket) and Ardo (trousers), the latter by Robar Fashions of Vryburg. Colors were a little different between the three items. If you keep an eye out for 'em you'll probably find it sooner or later.

Steve

P.S. I love the Turk set Smile Well worth the f'n footlocker of stuff I sent Steve H in return!
    Camosaurus
    Camosaurus
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-06-06
    Number of posts : 534

Post by Camosaurus Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:15 am

I regretted when I sold my Swiss TAZ 90 set, the current Finnish set and the Polish SPAT urban flecktarn coverall to my friend. Only the Polish one was I able to replace it, the others I'm still searching.
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 am

Wow, you at least had Finnish cams to sell! lol!
    The M/05 seems very hard to come by...

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Camosaurus
    Camosaurus
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-06-06
    Number of posts : 534

Post by Camosaurus Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:56 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:Wow, you at least had Finnish cams to sell! lol!
    The M/05 seems very hard to come by...

I was wrong to sell it. Now, I'm struggling to find one.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:52 pm

the only thing im still mad about selling was ww2 marine camo coveralls that i got for $30.00 at the flea market then sold them on ebay for $200.00 still want them back =(
    Philip
    Philip
    ADMIN MODERATOR
    ADMIN MODERATOR

Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 3117

Post by Philip Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 am

I've never really regret selling something since I just sell doubles.

panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:05 am

Mint golden Tiger Stripe pants , I got a premium price for them , but I miss them very much , beautiful mint pair ...

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? GOLDTIGERS1

And my ARVN Ranger ERDL set , another gorgeous set , I will have a hard time replacing ......

WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? ARVNerdl1
    WHAT item or items do you MOST REGRET selling from your collection? ARVNerdl3

Should have never sold these .....
    APreston
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-11-01
    Number of posts : 96

Post by APreston Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:33 am

My Greek lizard set. It was really too big on me (I like to wear my gear on occasion since I'm somewhat into airsoft), and I didn't have the time to put all the Greek SF patches on it like I'd intended, so I let the lot go on eBay for $125 if memory serves. I'm sure it probably went to a good home but looking back I think I could've gotten more, or a nice trade off of one of you fine folk who wants a set (can't recall who, but I want to say it was Danilo looking for a set in the trade forum).
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:48 am

Oh Panzer, those Tigers look amazing ......... I feel for you on those.

Only three items for me:

A Leibermuster suit
    a '63 pattern DPM SAS smock
    A suit of the USMC T urban camo BDU's.

I made good money on them all but there's more to life than turning a profit ..........

Dave
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by panzerwerk Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 pm

I made good money on them all but there's more to life than turning a profit ..........

Amen Brother !!
    Mk1rceme
    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Dale
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 345

Post by Mk1rceme Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Had to sell a size 70 double decal SS helmet about ten years ago to put towards the purchase of my home...I'll never see another one like it. It was near mint...about an 8 out of 10. I haven't seen another size 70 helmet since I let it go.
    Albano
    Albano
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

Post by Albano Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 am

Bury_Dave wrote:Oh Panzer, those Tigers look amazing ......... I feel for you on those.

Only three items for me:

A Leibermuster suit
    a '63 pattern DPM SAS smock
    A suit of the USMC T urban camo BDU's.

Dave

Was that a WW2 Leibermuster!? If so you would be out of your mind for real!!

Best regards

escammo
    escammo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Erick
    Registration date : 2009-02-23
    Number of posts : 165

Post by escammo Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:35 am

At one point I was disillusioned with all of the dead-end Russian uniforms, supposedly worn by the MVD, that were manufactured after 1991. At the time it was hard to determine what uniforms were "issued"/worn by MVD units and which were commercial/hunting suits.

About 5 years ago, I started selling these uniforms (SMK, MVD KLMK, early Vera/ANA KKO and Tiger camos, DPM and Les). While I got nice money for these uniforms (that helped me fund other hobbies) and I feel good that the uniforms went to serious collectors (not air softers who would wear them in the field) - I now wish that I would have at least kept some of the KKO type I and Type II suits (subdued, bright and urban colorations).

In hind sight, the policy of not selling items in your collection and "there's more to life than turning a profit" is good advice.

On the other hand, I had these suits in my collection for over ten years. It is nice to be able to pass them along so others can enjoy owning them too.

Erick
    Red Justice
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2016-02-12
    Number of posts : 79

Post by Red Justice Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:04 pm

I don't regret selling any of my stuff as long as I have 4 sets in my collection.

What I am not fond of is TRADING. Nothing personal here, most of my stuff I buy and at times I go out to spend.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am