IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Mercenary25
Camo_fiend
Grim Reaper
7 posters

used MICH helmet

Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Grim Reaper
    Registration date : 2009-08-25
    Number of posts : 282

used MICH helmet Empty used MICH helmet

Post by Grim Reaper Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 am

Hi All
    I don't know if this is going to be possible or not but does anyone know where I can get hold of a MICH lid think they're cool and would like one for my Helmet collection (small though it is) a medium sized one if possible, I've got a few bits to trade but need to know what kind of value they are, so any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers guys Rolling Eyes

GR
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

used MICH helmet Empty Re: used MICH helmet

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Wish I'd known this two weeks ago... lol!
    My local surplus shop had an MICH helmet for a very good price, but it's gone now.

Sometimes they get kicked around eBay, but cost is hit and miss. Most sellers know collectors want them and charge accordingly. Sad
    On the plus side, I've seen current issue kevlar helmets (although none of the MICH variety) go for as low as $40 because the seller had one and just wanted to get rid of it and didn't care what the final selling price was. Ironically enough, I missed out on an excellent condition MK6 that way.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Grim Reaper Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Hahaha damn nevermind, Ive got a spare mk6 and would swap that and my 3 Para badged (Afghan used) desert smock....I will trawel through e-bay but they're as a rare as rocking horse poo here in the uk

GR
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:26 pm

I would've gladly traded an MICH for an MK6 and a Dessie smock! I knew I should've gotten that helmet when I saw it. lol!
    Best of luck, hopefully you'll find something. You may also want to check various military surplus shops online, as they may have some for slightly fairer prices than eBay vendors.

And I completely understand you on the "rare as rocking horse poo" also. That's how it is here with MK6 helmets and other items... I picked a bad continent to be a British militaria collector. Laughing

Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Grim Reaper Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Its certainly awkward when you have interests from other continants, had a look at e-bay and the interest in MICH helmets is amazing!!!!theyre are cool looking helmets, I'd love one in a used condition with an ACU cover.....very cool.

GR
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Best price for MICH/ACH helmet I've seen is $70-$100. On ebay, it usually is a bit overpriced. But sometimes you could get lucky!

used MICH helmet Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    jj
    jj
    Corporal
    Corporal

Name : jj
    Registration date : 2009-09-13
    Number of posts : 25

Post by jj Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 pm

What is the going price for a MICH/ACH with NVG bracket,new pads,chinstrap,bunny ears, (eyewear retainers) and SOF rigger-modified cover (velcro added to both sides of cover).

I have one,actually 7, all have been,IAW SOP,spray-paint camo'd. All issued and worn during my deployments,when each time deployed,you got a new helmet. We had the rigger section modify covers,because this last 2 deployments we were required to wear them instead of just helmet w/ no cover.

I also have 4 or 5 sets of NEW aero pads,and 2-3 sets new pads (Issue type),and some used/new chinstraps.

I had sold several on ebay in the past for between $250-$400. This was from 3 years ago to about 8 months ago-I have no idea what current prices are,and would want to be fair.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:54 pm

Guys I dont know the difference btween the MICH and other Kevlar helmets , but I always search in the sporting goods section on ebay and find them real cheap there , you have to be patient but they show up , I have gotten 2 for under $25 each shipped .
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 am

There's three types of kevlar helmets the US has used recently; PASGT (the original), MICH/ACH (the MICH is a "special operations-friendly" lightweight modular helmet, based on the ACH), and the USMC LWH.

The MICH/ACH have smaller shells than the PASGT and the LWH, resulting in less coverage around the neck, but better comfort, especially when going prone. The LWH has the same shape as the old PASGT helmet, but is made from lighter materials and uses an advanced suspension system.

One is able to tell the difference between MICH/ACH and PASGT/LWH primarily from their shape (with or without helmet cover) and the difference between a PASGT helmet and the LWH by the suspension straps.

More information can be found by clicking here.

panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:57 am

Thanks , I am gonna know myself up on them when I get a chance !!!! Wink
    Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Grim Reaper Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:40 am

Yeah cheers Ben, I didnt know about the Marine Lightweight helmet, I need some studying too I think as I'd like a few variations, with different covers too, better start saving I think pale

GR
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:54 am

The Kevlar CVC helmet is also out there, though that is for armored troops, and some specially modified ones for ground forces
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 am

For some reason, the Marine LWH sell for quite a bit more than the ACH/MICH. I got a great deal on mine and RAN out of the surplus store before the owner changed his mind.

That being said, I am on the lookout for a LWH for Merc. Little tougher to find than I originally had thought. You can find the MICH/ACH all day long for $75-$100 range. The LWH....not quite so easy.

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 pm

jj wrote:What is the going price for a MICH/ACH with NVG bracket,new pads,chinstrap,bunny ears, (eyewear retainers) and SOF rigger-modified cover (velcro added to both sides of cover).

I have one,actually 7, all have been,IAW SOP,spray-paint camo'd. All issued and worn during my deployments,when each time deployed,you got a new helmet. We had the rigger section modify covers,because this last 2 deployments we were required to wear them instead of just helmet w/ no cover.

I also have 4 or 5 sets of NEW aero pads,and 2-3 sets new pads (Issue type),and some used/new chinstraps.

I had sold several on ebay in the past for between $250-$400. This was from 3 years ago to about 8 months ago-I have no idea what current prices are,and would want to be fair.

I do not understand why you continue to join this board and pretend to be something you have never been. You are banned member JSOCSFC.

MEMBERS...be very careful of this member or any member contacting you to sell US Special Forces items. The link detailing why he was banned can be read here : https://iacmc.forumotion.com/banned-departed-members-f163/jsocsfc-banned-t1682.htm

Post by Camo_fiend Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Maybe you could look into this auction? It's a bit pricey, however, and I'm not sure if he ships overseas, but I guess you could always check... hope this helps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USGI-ACH-MICH-ADVANCED-COMBAT-HELMET-NEW_W0QQitemZ130369800794QQcategoryZ36068QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D20%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8222329450452972042

Cheers.

Ben

Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Grim Reaper Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 am

Hi Ben
    Cheers for that, quite funny actually as its one I am indeed watching, the seller does indeed ship worldwide, price is kinda what I would expect, however my car has just decided (10 days ago) to call it a day, rather than buy Im looking to trade as money a bit tight at the moment, but thanks again.
    Smile
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Sorry to hear that... the transmission on my car did the same thing around Christmas. EVERYTHING had to go on hold until that was fixed, and it wasn't exactly cheap. Hope you get your helmet and vehicle situation fixed soon. Smile

Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Grim Reaper Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:26 pm

Oh sh*t Ben you've had the same bad luck as me and at Christmas too damn, hope its all ok now though, wouldnt mind too much however the labour charge is crippling as its a 5 to 6 hour refit!!!! No pale Sad
    oh well such is life
    Cool
    cheers
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Post by Mercenary25 Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:30 pm

misanthropic_gods wrote:The Kevlar CVC helmet is also out there, though that is for armored troops, and some specially modified ones for ground forces

I've seen it too. Worn by Special Operation guys. It's basically kevlar CVC with added paddings and chin straps inside and outside, are veclro and NVG mounts, etc... Very cool helmet.

used MICH helmet Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:09 pm

Grim I got one for you let me know what you wanna pay for it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:51 pm