IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ClaptonIsGod
zvez
Grim Reaper
DS9ACU
sepia
9 posters

Question about Afghan camo uniform?

sepia
    sepia
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2009-10-20
    Number of posts : 20

Question about Afghan camo uniform? Empty Question about Afghan camo uniform?

Post by sepia Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Why Afghan military used to Woodland digital and Woodland camo though Afghan's topography is desert, dry arable and highland? Why they don't use desert camo? scratch

Question about Afghan camo uniform? Rrlavt

Question about Afghan camo uniform? Nwkc3t

Question about Afghan camo uniform? Oisx35

Question about Afghan camo uniform? 2i09qa9

Question about Afghan camo uniform? 2livigp

Pics from MP.net lol!
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Question about Afghan camo uniform? Empty Re: Question about Afghan camo uniform?

Post by DS9ACU Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:02 pm

my guess is because thats whats available
    Grim Reaper
    Grim Reaper
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Grim Reaper
    Registration date : 2009-08-25
    Number of posts : 282

Question about Afghan camo uniform? Empty Re: Question about Afghan camo uniform?

Post by Grim Reaper Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I would agree with Oliver, who like me reckons the top two guys should get together and swap either their trousers or shirts so they have matching top and bottom camo!!!! pirat

And who knows what nationality the the helmet is of the guy in the bottom pic......whats the emblem on the front it looks Polish to me!

Interesting pics cheers Sepia Wink
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:08 pm

You're spot on, that's a warsaw pact era polish land forces helmet.
    Chris

Grim Reaper wrote:I would agree with Oliver, who like me reckons the top two guys should get together and swap either their trousers or shirts so they have matching top and bottom camo!!!! pirat

And who knows what nationality the the helmet is of the guy in the bottom pic......whats the emblem on the front it looks Polish to me!

Interesting pics cheers Sepia Wink
    ClaptonIsGod
    ClaptonIsGod
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-12-27
    Number of posts : 102

Post by ClaptonIsGod Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Simple: They aren't the richest country and can't afford camo for every scenario, they use what they have. Granted they should make it all desert thanks to their environment, but there is also wooded parts, and they are probably getting their supplies from other countries, like the Polish helmet, our supplying them with PASGTs and those M16s, etc.
    bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

Post by bond007a1 Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:45 pm

Believe it or not, there are alot of troops there wearing woodland camos..or their regular uniforms....even if they have desert camouflages...pretty weird but who knows...I will have to dig out some photos...

panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Egypt comes to mind for me , they have tons of woodland type camos and German Spring oak looking camo and the whole country is a desert for the most part .
    ClaptonIsGod
    ClaptonIsGod
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by ClaptonIsGod Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 pm

bond007a1 wrote:Believe it or not, there are alot of troops there wearing woodland camos..or their regular uniforms....even if they have desert camouflages...pretty weird but who knows...I will have to dig out some photos...

Also, look at for instance our soldiers for the most part using the woodland PASGT vests with the DCU tops, don't know if we still do that with ACU but these guys aren't meant to be ultra stealth, they use what they have and whatever is on hand and wouldn't cost too much
    kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

Post by kammo-man Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:08 pm

I just got a Woodland uniform from a returning SF vet.
    It has unit and Afgan army patches.
    It was clearly a US patched uniform ....once.

He stated ............

They wear what they are given.
    The US was shipping USED condition BDU uniforms in country stripped of US patches and re-patched in Afgan units to fill the gap in clothing needs.

Anything goes .

owen
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by zvez Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:09 pm

They're also manufacturing their own uniforms now as well.
    Chris
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

Post by DS9ACU Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:13 pm

being this thread is coming back, what type of digital is that in the first picture, doesn't look MARPAT, or Canadian. To early to be any new UCP pattern, private purchase?
    ClaptonIsGod
    ClaptonIsGod
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by ClaptonIsGod Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Flecktarn92 wrote:being this thread is coming back, what type of digital is that in the first picture, doesn't look MARPAT, or Canadian. To early to be any new UCP pattern, private purchase?

ACU..
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by zvez Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:15 pm

My understanding is it's afghan manuf. I've been promised one or two so hope something shows up.

Chris
    Pilgrim
    Pilgrim

Registration date : 2010-08-18
    Number of posts : 4

Post by Pilgrim Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:25 am

My boy is currently fighting in Eastern Afcrapistan at high altitudes (6 - 10 K feet AGL). They are still wearing ACU's (blown out 8 pairs of pants in 7 months), and have been begging for DCU's (no sign of multicam, although promised since last November),so they can blend into green zone AO's. The new ANA digital camo is tightly restricted and limited issue right now. He traded for two sets which I should get in November. I'll post detailed pics then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm