IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others Empty Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others

Post by misanthropic_gods Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:38 am

These are some of my first in country made patches, I had one (The afghan Special Partnering Unit) before, so these are really interesting to me. I got the ISAF patch from one of my buddies for free.
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0973

The Green Velcro and the weird font on the nametapes tipped me off
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0974

The 1st Lieutenant has a dark brown rank instead of Black...im thinking the local shop ran out of the black thread
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0980

The font seemed off on these, and then the green velcro clinched it
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0982

I got this patch from a vet that had just returned from Afghanistan, he was part of the SPU and said that this was a short run of the patch because apparently the Afghani Brass didnt like the design.
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0983

This was the only in-country modded boonie that I found in the store, I have always liked these Boonies embroidered with the arabic name
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0975

Apparently it isnt even an issue boonie, but a Tru-Spec one.
    Some of my first In-Country Made patches, Name Tapes, 1st Lt, ISAF, others IMG_0976

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm