Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Share

    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : The other side of the big pond
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2646

    Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Camo_fiend on Sun May 09, 2010 6:02 pm

    Got this in yesterday, and it's definitely been used. Not sure if it was worn in Iraq or Afghanistan. No ranks, patches or identifying marks of any kind were present.


    Overall shot of smock


    Tag


    Some of the "grody-ness" on the pocket and lower left sleeve


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:19 am

    Nice one Ben,I saw a load of these the other day,in my local surplus store,most were badged up with Royal Marine insignia,they were going for £35,so still not that cheap really.... Wink

    Cool

    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : The other side of the big pond
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2646

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Camo_fiend on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:47 pm

    Thanks. I managed to get this one from Sportsman's Guide for a decent price, I was very pleased with it; they're very well-made bits of kit. I really wish the US military would adopt a system like this, it's a very good concept! Smile


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:55 am

    Camo_fiend wrote:Thanks. I managed to get this one from Sportsman's Guide for a decent price, I was very pleased with it; they're very well-made bits of kit. I really wish the US military would adopt a system like this, it's a very good concept! Smile



    No worries Ben,If they made one in Woodland,or Choc chip,I would snap it up Smile

    But your right they are very,good quality and versatile jackets.....most surplus stores in the UK ,debadge all jacket's, it's fairly rare to see one with rank etc still attached Wink

    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : The other side of the big pond
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2646

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Camo_fiend on Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:27 pm

    I've yet to find a windproof with any badging; it's a real pain, because many times the badges tell the story -- where it's been, who wore it, etc. but on a "naked" one you're left only guessing! Laughing


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 am

    Camo_fiend wrote:I've yet to find a windproof with any badging; it's a real pain, because many times the badges tell the story -- where it's been, who wore it, etc. but on a "naked" one you're left only guessing! Laughing



    Good point,it's hard to work out where it's been,without the badges,in my area they are 99.9% Royal Marine surplus,as I'm surrounded by 2 x bases..... badges are rare for sure...I reckon the sneaky dealers take them off,and flog them on ebay Laughing


    Cheers Ben Wink

    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : The other side of the big pond
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2646

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Camo_fiend on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:33 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:Good point,it's hard to work out where it's been,without the badges,in my area they are 99.9% Royal Marine surplus,as I'm surrounded by 2 x bases..... badges are rare for sure...I reckon the sneaky dealers take them off,and flog them on ebay Laughing


    Cheers Ben Wink
    Yes, a kind of sneaky way of doing things, but I guess at the end of the day, extra profit is extra profit. Cool


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Easy Gee on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:11 pm

    Camo_fiend wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Good point,it's hard to work out where it's been,without the badges,in my area they are 99.9% Royal Marine surplus,as I'm surrounded by 2 x bases..... badges are rare for sure...I reckon the sneaky dealers take them off,and flog them on ebay Laughing


    Cheers Ben Wink
    Yes, a kind of sneaky way of doing things, but I guess at the end of the day, extra profit is extra profit. Cool



    Militaria makes the world go round Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: Current-issue Desert DPM Windproof

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 am