IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches Empty GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches

Post by bond007a1 Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:34 pm

I got all of these as a lot from ebay last year sometime.

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches GERMAN1

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches GERMAN2

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches GERMAN5

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches GERMAN4

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches GERMAN3

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches Empty Re: GERMAN POLICE & BORDER GUARD patches

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:23 am

The first badge is a BW sports arm badge, found on things like track uniforms. The second one is something I've not seen before! At least not in that form. I'm pretty sure it's for the service shirt of a particular sub section of the BGS. Off the top of my head I can't think what.

The BGS arcs are difference sizes for different types of uniforms, which varied by date. There's no easy rule of thumb on which ones are used where. I've probably seen a dozen different size and style variations, though they tend to gravitate towards two basic sizes and styles. It's a real bugger to match up to stitch holes. Same goes for the BGS eagle shield, except there are even more variations and date is SUPER important for these.

Last is a Pre 1978 NS Polizei arm badge, standard type found on pretty much everything they wore. After 1978 all the different German states adopted a unified system and all the great diversity of the past was zapped Sad

Steve

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm