IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue?

CamoDeafie
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Name : Steven Blankenheim
    Registration date : 2009-04-06
    Number of posts : 214

Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue? Empty Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue?

Post by CamoDeafie Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:15 pm

took the time to stop at the surplus store up north to browse...this item stood out of the rack of overpriced FLCs and LBVs....

the front of it. 2 pouches are in the blue-green nylon color similar to the LC equipment, the whole thing looks weird...i first thought maybe IDF? due to the grommets and mismatched colors....then the buckles all say "FIX-LOCK" made in Sweden, Swedish Patent # and US Patent #.....
    Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue? DSCN2322

the back, showing 2 grenade? pouches, and main pack, pack looks too small to be for usual operations, but looks right for say, Demolitions equipment, among other things...below the 2 small pouches are grommets in the same width as a M1910 hook system...presumably for canteens, or bayonet and E-tool carrier?
    Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue? DSCN2323
    close up of buckle's rear
    Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue? DSCN2327

the shop wants $40 for it; i might be able to buy it tomorrow if another sale happens in person..if you guys think it is worth buying just for the wtf factor lol.
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue? Empty Re: Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue?

Post by filupe Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:54 pm

Your initial suspicion was correct I'd say - Israeli Tankers webbing. The set I have has the same buckles.
    CamoDeafie
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue? Empty Re: Swedish made chestrig; rigger or issue?

Post by CamoDeafie Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:02 pm

huh, that shouldnt be surprising for me...the store has ALOT of IDF webbing pouches and stuff....
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:16 pm

I also am thinking Israeli. $40 is a good deal regardless IMHO.

Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by CamoDeafie Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:51 pm

alrighty! hopefully my sales happen tomorrow so i can go grab it! will also search for the canteens like the ones filupe has.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 am