IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
1stDivVet
misanthropic_gods
CollectinSteve
7 posters

What is the nationality and identity of this beret?

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

What is the nationality and identity of this beret? Empty What is the nationality and identity of this beret?

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:00 am

A very nice beret, but unknown to me! Came along with a bunch of other berets from various European countries.

Thanks,

Steve

What is the nationality and identity of this beret? IMG_6409
    misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

What is the nationality and identity of this beret? Empty Re: What is the nationality and identity of this beret?

Post by misanthropic_gods Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 am

Hmm..thats an odd one. Never seen anything like it before.

The bullion is nice though!
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

What is the nationality and identity of this beret? Empty Re: What is the nationality and identity of this beret?

Post by 1stDivVet Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:45 am

Badge and color look like ARVN Ranger to me.

Fins...

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:50 am

Good Guess! Thats what it looks like here
    http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85852&pid=627578&st=0&#entry627578

What is the nationality and identity of this beret? IMG_2213

yours might be a repro though. Im no expert but it looks A LOT newer
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:40 am

Roger that - ARVN Ranger beret.

The badge is worn on over the right eye in the french style. I might suggest take a pic of the interior/label and then show it over on USMF or the Indochina/Vietnam section of the Wehrmacht Awards forum.
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:09 am

WHAT A GREAT BERET !!!!!!!!!!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 am

Great to have an ID! It's an older beret with some damage, but there is no label or stamp on the inside. It appears this is a repro of some sort since the badge is over the wrong eye. However, it is possible the badge is legit. Certainly it looks similar to the real thing (I've checked for other pics). I'll try to figure that out.

Steve
    crazy willie

Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 2

Post by crazy willie Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:15 am

Hey, Steve. The crest is definitely ARVN Ranger. It matches my crest from my time with the 2ND Ranger Group in Pleiku. The beret itself looks off color, though. A bit more red than the beret I wore over there and brought home with me. Looks more like ARVN Marines, I think. Been trying to replace the crest on mine, since it took a pretty good beating in country. Do you still have this one, and could you possibly consider parting with it? Smile
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:45 am

Yup, still have it and would consider parting with it. I'm sure the beret itself is pirated from some other nation. PM me and we'll see where things go from there!

Steve
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Hard to tell from the pic, and I'm no expert, but the weave on the wool on the patch looks too dense. I've got a period arvn para bullion badge, I'll pull it out and look.

If it's an original bullion badge, it's worth around $100 or so.

Chris
    crazy willie

Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 2

Post by crazy willie Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey, Steve. Thanks for getting back to me. Not really sure what I'm doing here. I'm a complete neophyte at forums. This is my first, actually. Any idea what you might be willing to take for the crest? Thanks for your patience. Smile
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:37 am

Crazy Willie,

I sent you a Private Message through this Forum. While it is fine and good to make initial contact for sales out here in public, it's usually best to conduct the business end somewhere else. Polite and private at the same time Very Happy

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:58 am