THE HELMET THREAD

    Share

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:37 pm

    Label is faded but yes I believe it to be a used/incomplete AC 900,which the Army MK7 is a slightly modified version of the same helmet. Chinstrap fittings missing from the front(can poach a set from a spare MK6),liner is loose as the 2 "horns" have broken away and the hardest part to source will be the missing part of the chinstrap. Quite interesting as on one of the helmet collectors webiste there is one pictured with the serial number dating it to 2005 which apparently is an early(according to them) one,hmmmmmm,my shell is dated 1999.

    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 44
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by thunderchild on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm

    1999 now that is very early ,you must have one of the prototypes ,its a nice find

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:58 pm

    thunderchild wrote:1999 now that is very early ,you must have one of the prototypes ,its a nice find
    Thanks,was one of those impulse/taking a punt buys in all honesty.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:17 am

    Gulf91 wrote:
    thunderchild wrote:1999 now that is very early ,you must have one of the prototypes ,its a nice find
    Thanks,was one of those impulse/taking a punt buys in all honesty.

    Excellent purchase Mate8) 

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:55 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:
    thunderchild wrote:1999 now that is very early ,you must have one of the prototypes ,its a nice find
    Thanks,was one of those impulse/taking a punt buys in all honesty.
    Excellent purchase Mate8) 
    Thanks Gary.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:51 pm






    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:41 pm

    Very nice looking MP lid Gulf, the liner looks in great condition considering the age and all!

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:29 pm

    Thanks Gary,found 3 helmets that I bought quite a few years ago and have been stored away/forgot about until now so a nice surprise.

    Not sure about the exterior paintwork and MP etc but like it all the same. Also found another nice 100000% original MKII with net and nice early liner and a nice complete MKIII with net that I havent seen in years!!!

    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Name : Dale
    Age : 45
    Location : Alberta Canada
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 337

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Mk1rceme on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:36 pm

    Nice looking helmet!

    Mk1rceme
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Name : Dale
    Age : 45
    Location : Alberta Canada
    Registration date : 2009-11-22
    Number of posts : 337

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Mk1rceme on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:29 pm

    If anyone was wondering what is happening to all that cadpat the Canadian government is shredding...it looks like the boys put some of it to good use.




    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:49 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:Thanks Gary,found 3 helmets that I bought quite a few years ago and have been stored away/forgot about until now so a nice surprise.

    Not sure about the exterior paintwork and MP etc but like it all the same. Also found another nice 100000% original MKII with net and nice early liner and a nice complete MKIII with net that I havent seen in years!!!

    No worries mate, and yeah it is amazing when you rediscover stuff you had forgot you had..double bonus.

    I look forward to seeing the netted example;) 

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:50 pm

    Mk1rceme wrote:If anyone was wondering what is happening to all that cadpat the Canadian government is shredding...it looks like the boys put some of it to good use.





    Ooh now that I like,very nice looking lid mate, thanks for sharing.

    Good use of Cadpat,and makes perfect sense to use it as scrim!

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 pm

    The British Army now I believe supply with new MK7s along with an MTP cover,strips of cut up MTP scrim to garnish the cover.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:23 pm

    Im afraid I am guilty of neglecting the humble MKII helmet-in the past 25 years or so must have had 50 or more pass through my hands as back in the day were dirt cheap and dont think once have I checked or been bothered by what maker they were etc-they were just bought for what the helmet itself looked liked. After recently looking into the subject a bit more,glad I didnt take much notice as the amount of variation in makers,chinstrap lugs etc not to mention the same with the liners it would be enough to drive anybody mad if you fancied trying to track down one of each!!!!

    The liner on this one has survived well and is as supple as it was when made.






    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 44
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by thunderchild on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:29 pm

    a few more of my lids ,a brit mk6 posibly a vehicle sentry due to having visor mounts  , and my m1a1 LL bundeswehr lid with ameoba cover and net

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:44 am

    Gulf another great looking Mk 2, I too am guilty of overlooking these!


    Thunderchild, like the GS , and specifically the Amoeba cover on that Bundy lid,very nice mate!

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:58 am

    Thanks Gary.

    Very jealous of that Amoeba cover I must say.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:22 am

    Also have a few sets of(unnamed) ALICE webbing from the film in various condition,some with blood,dirt etc.










    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 44
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by thunderchild on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 am

    Gulf91 wrote:Im afraid I am guilty of neglecting the humble MKII helmet-in the past 25 years or so must have had 50 or more pass through my hands as back in the day were dirt cheap and dont think once have I checked or been bothered by what maker they were etc-they were just bought for what the helmet itself looked liked. After recently looking into the subject a bit more,glad I didnt take much notice as the amount of variation in makers,chinstrap lugs etc not to mention the same with the liners it would be enough to drive anybody mad if you fancied trying to track down one of each!!!!

    The liner on this one has survived well and is as supple as it was when made.





    nice mk11 gulf ,can i ask what the date is on the liner ,it looks the earlier mk1 issued before 1939 ,

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 am

    Will dig it out again and check but yes,it is indeed the earlier MK1 liner.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:19 pm

    Intriguing Choc-chip cover adorned helmet Gulf, what film, and what is the helmet??

    thunderchild
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Age : 44
    Location : uk
    Registration date : 2013-04-21
    Number of posts : 344

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by thunderchild on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:45 pm

    i too am intrigued about the film ,is this a commercially availble pasgt clone

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:54 pm

    Oooooops,my mistake,its a prop helmet from Blackhawk Down.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Easy Gee on Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:20 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:Oooooops,my mistake,its a prop helmet from Blackhawk Down.

    BHD,thought it must be that or Three kings,or Jarhead etc, cool item mate!

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3703

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Gulf91 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:53 pm

    Am probably going to jinx myself now but couldnt hold it in,MIGHT have won the lottery helmet wise,expecting a parcel that I HOPE will contain an original Fix Bail M1 Helmet(nothing out of the ordinary there)complete with a HAWLEY liner:shock: Shocked Shocked Shocked 

    Will of course post pics up when said helmet arrives IF it is what I hope it is otherwise will hide away until Christmas crying!!!

    Sponsored content

    Re: THE HELMET THREAD

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:56 am


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:56 am