IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
CollectinSteve
Mercenary25
AndrewA74
nkomo
Philip
filupe
panzerwerk
11 posters

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:49 am

I'm coming late to the tar and feathering party Very Happy

Yeah, lots of things wrong with this uniform as mentioned. I spotted a couple straight off, such as the double COL rank and the Delta Force tab already mentioned.

The foreign jump wings, however, would be odd NOT to see on a highly qualified SF soldier of any significant rank. The thing that complicates verification is the badges used might not be "real" in the country that issued them. The one on this uniform is absolutely not Bundeswehr issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't "real" for a US soldier (despite the uniform being a fake). I have no idea why the wreath would be blue as the standard colors are Bronze, Silver, and Gold. However, like I said, all bets are off as far as I know.

Steve
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions !

Post by CollectinSteve Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 am

Ah, and another problem I spotted but had to double check the regs (AR 670-1) to confirm. Only THREE tabs are allowed on a uniform, regardless of how many the soldier is authorized to wear (which would rarely exceed 3):

Wear of three special skill tabs. Soldiers may wear the full-color Sapper, Ranger, and Special Forces tabs together on Army uniforms.

Some more info on Tabs from the regs:

The Sapper, Ranger, Special Forces and President’s Hundred tabs are the only tabs authorized for permanent wear. Tabs such as Airborne, Honor Guard, Mountain, and Pershing are authorized for temporary wear only. These tabs are considered an integral part of the shoulder sleeve insignia and soldiers are not authorized to wear them when they are reassigned from the organization that prescribed wear of the shoulder sleeve insignia with tab.

On the Army green service uniform, the Special Forces tab is centered on the left shoulder sleeve, 1/2 inch from the shoulder seam, the Ranger tab is centered 1/8 inch below the Special Forces tab, and the Sapper tab is centered 1/8 inch below the Ranger tab. The current unit shoulder sleeve insignia is centered 1/4 inch below the Sapper tab. On the utility uniforms and the cold weather jackets, personnel wear the subdued tabs in the same positions as on the Army green service uniform (see fig 29-60).

Steve
    vicka1971
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2010-05-02
    Number of posts : 674

Post by vicka1971 Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey Steve

First time when I saw your uniform. I thought" PX ranger" or "Christmas tree", that how we call in army Laughing Laughing . Vitalis
    HoovieDude
    HoovieDude
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-04-04
    Number of posts : 351

Post by HoovieDude Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Beating a dead horse here, but way beyond fantasy!!!
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:37 am

If there were ever a horse worth beating after death, this is one of 'em Very Happy

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:49 pm

Guys, I'm sure Steve is now fully aware that it's most likely a dream piece -- is there any reason to keep breaking his balls over it? Neutral

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Because it's fun Very Happy

Seriously though, I think Steve realized from the start that it was likely (to some extent) a fake.

Steve
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! - Page 2 Beatin10

Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-04-04
    Number of posts : 351

Post by HoovieDude Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:46 pm

Personally, I don't think he quite got the idea yet. Hey Steve, its a fake, so you can take the uniform off, and quit dancing around corners yelling "hands up suka foo".
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:11 pm

See what I mean? This is fun Very Happy

Steve
    panzerwerk
    panzerwerk
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Steve Hoeger
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 3068

Post by panzerwerk Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:54 pm

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 pm

1stDivVet wrote:Deltaforce DCU Real ?????????? Opinions ! - Page 2 Beatin10

Ummm....is that the horse's tongue hanging out or is that blood? Laughing

Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Post by 1stDivVet Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:07 am

LOL I'm not really sure.. BOTH would fit rather well!!! Very Happy

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:17 am

1stDivVet wrote:LOL I'm not really sure.. BOTH would fit rather well!!! Very Happy
    LOL!!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!

ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:40 pm

panzerwerk wrote:YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes

That we are... that we are Very Happy

Of course we kid because we care. Or something like that.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am