IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH

bond007a1
    bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH Empty AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH

Post by bond007a1 Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Here is the patch of Afghanistan's 1st Commando unit which was US trained....I picked this up at the Show of Shows. I am including a photocopy showing the patch in action that was given me by a man...whose son assisted in the training of the unit...

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1C

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1D

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1A

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH AFGHANISTANCOMMANDOPATCH1B

bond007a1
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Steven
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Number of posts : 2099

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH Empty Re: AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH

Post by bond007a1 Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:25 pm

HERE IS AN ARTICLE I FOUND ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THE UNIT.

Afghan Army Designates 1st Commando Unit
    Military.com | November 29, 2006
    POL-E-CHARKI, Afghanistan, Nov. 29, 2006 – A 600-man battalion from the Afghan National Army's 201st Corps has been selected as the country's first unit to undergo commando training.

The battalion, led by Afghan National Army Lt. Col. Muhammad Farid Ahmadi, was selected over others because of its high morale and unparalleled esprit de corps, U.S. officials said.

An important part of developing commando capability is training noncommissioned officers who can go back and train others. Each of the five corps in the Afghan army will eventually have a commando unit assigned, and the 201st Corps soldiers train those units, officials said.

The unit's soldiers were evaluated on marksmanship, a timed three-mile run, push-ups, sit-ups, and a rucksack foot march in full battle gear. When the dust cleared, 100 soldiers were selected to receive specialized training.

"I think this is a good recognition, ... that they have recognized me and my battalion," Ahmadi said. "I am very proud."

His soldiers are equally proud and happy to be a part of the battalion. "He's a very good commander; he's professional," Capt. Sayed Naser said. "Since he's been assigned here, there have been positive changes, from physical training to education to professionalism. There is a great positive change. In all the battalion, from privates to NCOs to officers, they are happy with him and his leadership."

The soldiers selected are scheduled to receive specialized training in Jordan for six months, and expectations are high. "With this new training, good equipment, and designation as commando battalion, we will play a greater role in the future and the stability and security of the region," Ahmadi said.

"When there is security there will be reconstruction," he said. "This will lead to good diplomatic relations with the international community as a sound and healthy member. Reconstruction, economy, education, road building, all these things depend on security, and this battalion will play its role in that."

kammo-man
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2010-02-02
    Number of posts : 1086

AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH Empty Re: AFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH

Post by kammo-man Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm

I just was sent a picture by a SF friend of mine wearing this patch.
    He is a Capt in 3rd group.
    The patch has some different color varients and also comes in black-gray ACU color way.

A nice current SF related unit patch that is real hard to find.

owen
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Here's another pic of two diff versions of the commando patchAFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH Afghan11
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by zvez Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 pm

and anotherAFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH Afghan12
    zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by zvez Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:55 pm

here's a shot of the version uncut, ie commando tab and patch attachedAFGHANISTAN 1ST COMMANDO UNIT PATCH Afghan13

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:15 am