IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
DS9ACU
Camo_fiend
CollectinSteve
7 posters

US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6888

US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam Empty US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 am

Seems they have finally figured out a universal camouflage concept means you have one uniform that doesn't work in most situations instead of the desired one thing for all situations:

http://www.military.com/news/article/army-launches-program-to-field-new-camo.html?ESRC=eb.nl

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam Empty Re: US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:38 pm

We had a "family of patterns" in the BDUs and later MARPAT... why can't the Army just swallow their pride and admit that the Marines got the "next-gen" camouflage idea right the first time? The only new thing they'd have to research and develop is the so-called "transitional" pattern. But overall, they'd save crap-tons of money by using an existing series of patterns with gear they already have.

They could combine aspects from both woodland and desert MARPAT to come up with the solution for the "transitional" pattern, and instead of using a whole other pattern for gear and webbing,etc. etc., they could stick to the coyote brown -- brown is found everywhere in nature, regardless of environment.

I think that the MARPAT (or a derivative thereof) needs to be standardised for US military personnel... if the Marines want to keep their pattern with the EGA insignia, so be it; just bring on a generalised version for everyone else (AOR2 or something comparable).

The Canadians debuted CADPAT some years ago with no problems, the Brits chose MTP and haven't looked back, and many other countries have made the leap into new patterns with no significant problems; has anyone else noticed we're the only country that seems to be having so much trouble with our "next generation" camouflage uniforms? scratch

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    DS9ACU
    DS9ACU
    Officer Candidate
    Officer Candidate

Registration date : 2009-07-15
    Number of posts : 530

US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam Empty Re: US Army already preparing to abandon Multicam

Post by DS9ACU Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Fine by me, more uniforms to collect.
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3320

Post by nkomo Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Time to pick up some Multicam items, fellers!!!!!

Post by Camo_fiend Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 pm

Why am I always a behind the curve when it comes to getting US uniforms?!?! When I got my first set of BDUs, the ACU came out... Then right when I get a set of ACUs, the Army goes to MultiCam, and now that I'm about to pick up some MultiCam, they announce THAT pattern's soon to be on its way out as well! Ahhhhhhhh! Laughing

zvez
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2009-02-21
    Number of posts : 419

Post by zvez Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:01 pm

and this whole camo shows some of the brilliant minds running dod procurement!
    Chris
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Post by Camo_fiend Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:42 am

zvez wrote:and this whole camo shows some of the brilliant minds running dod procurement!
    Chris
    Quoted for pure truth. Laughing

Kan
    Kan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Justin Inman
    Registration date : 2010-06-25
    Number of posts : 86

Post by Kan Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Camo_fiend wrote:Why am I always a behind the curve when it comes to getting US uniforms?!?! When I got my first set of BDUs, the ACU came out... Then right when I get a set of ACUs, the Army goes to MultiCam, and now that I'm about to pick up some MultiCam, they announce THAT pattern's soon to be on its way out as well! Ahhhhhhhh! Laughing

Then go start trying to get some ABUs, then maybe the AF will change theirs to something other than ABU.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:49 am

It's a nice thought, but knowing the AF would think this is validation that their design was popular and you'd get stuck with it for another 10 years at least. No, I think the best way to get rid of them is to have all AF personnel walk around naked in protest. Just a suggestion!

Steve
    AndrewA74
    AndrewA74

Name : Andrew
    Registration date : 2009-02-17
    Number of posts : 930

Post by AndrewA74 Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Well, the factories were warned months ago that production of multicam would halt in the very near future.

And the USAF is getting multi-cam, very selectivly, but it's coming.
    Andrew
    Kan
    Kan
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Justin Inman
    Registration date : 2010-06-25
    Number of posts : 86

Post by Kan Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 pm

It's going to be for OTW airman that will be working with the army. It's not going to be for in garrison use.
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:43 pm

As far as I can see this is not a change from current US Air Force and US Navy policy. When attached to an Army unit the airman or sailor wears standard ACU with special badging. As the Army switched to Multicam (at least in Afghanistan) then it is perfectly logical for Air Force and Navy personnel to also wear Multicam. And I doubt that the Air Force will be producing their own Multicam uniforms. That makes non sense, even when taking into consideration all the idiotic uniform decisions that have been made in recent years.

Steve

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm