IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi, Rebel soldier on Endor camo......

AK101
    AK101
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-07-04
    Number of posts : 200

Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi,  Rebel soldier on Endor camo...... Empty Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi, Rebel soldier on Endor camo......

Post by AK101 Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Anyone have a set of this stuff?

Made from something real or just pure fantasy?
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi,  Rebel soldier on Endor camo...... Empty Re: Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi, Rebel soldier on Endor camo......

Post by Camo_fiend Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:21 pm

As far as I know, this pattern is a fantasy piece dreamed up for the movie, as there's not really anything to it but the randomly sprayed splotches. The only real camouflage that is closest to this (that I can think of as possible inspiration) is a pattern which I believe is Yugoslavian 'mountain' or MOL camouflage. I think there is a set posted on here somewhere...and if not they do appear on eBay from time to time.

An interesting thing to note however, is that there are many other items in the movie that were made with real militaria. The biggest thing that comes to mind would be the Imperial stormtrooper blasters: these were ultra-customised British Sterling 9mm machine guns.

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Mercenary25
    Mercenary25

Name : Jeremy
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi,  Rebel soldier on Endor camo...... Empty Re: Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi, Rebel soldier on Endor camo......

Post by Mercenary25 Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 am

I read somewhere that they used snow camo then paint sprayed mixture of greens over it.

Star Wars, Return Of the Jedi,  Rebel soldier on Endor camo...... Oifbanner

http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    2/1RNZIR
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2010-11-09
    Number of posts : 143

Post by 2/1RNZIR Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Indiana Jones used WWII British Aertex shirts and a WWII British Gas mask bag aswell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:02 am