Spy Game, Redford/Pitt lotsa Tiger....

AK101
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-07-04
    Number of posts : 192

Spy Game, Redford/Pitt lotsa Tiger....

Post by AK101 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:53 pm

Lotsa VN era scences w/ tigerstripe. They appear to be patched w/ VNMC patches, any idea on the camo pattern itself and movie source for same? TSP? Sewn for movie?

filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1051

Re: Spy Game, Redford/Pitt lotsa Tiger....

Post by filupe on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 am

Going from memory here but I think they are VN Marine Corps type tigers. I can't remember exactly when the movie was released but I seem to recall it was about when this pattern started appearing out of China. Possibly the movie-makers had the pattern commissioned for the movie then the factory started churning them out for its own distribution. Prior to that the VNMC tigers were one of the more desirable of tiger patterns. As an aside I remember back in the pre-chatroom days, a person came onto one of the military discussion boards looking for uniform advice on an 'upcoming Brad Pitt' production that he was working on - this eventually turned out to be 'Spy Game'!

TSP tigers were prevalent in the 'Tour of Duty' TV series, particularly when they went straight from being a leg infantry unit to MACV-SOG ... yeah, right!
    AK101
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-07-04
    Number of posts : 192

Post by AK101 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 am

Excellent, thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 am