IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Swedish M21-18 Helmet

Edward T.
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-12-12
    Number of posts : 50

Swedish M21-18 Helmet Empty Swedish M21-18 Helmet

Post by Edward T. Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:39 pm

This Swedish helmet was created in the 1920's and used throughout WWII. It was later replaced with the M26 helmet which was a simplified version of the M21. Very Happy

The helmet features two decals of the Swedish crest on the left and right sides. There is also a metal version of the crest on the front of the helmet.

Swedish M21-18 Helmet Helmet11

The liner is a standard leather three pad system. Looks like some sort of stock/sorting number was written on the liner.

Swedish M21-18 Helmet Liner11

These used to be quite common on the surplus market.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Swedish M21-18 Helmet Empty Re: Swedish M21-18 Helmet

Post by Easy Gee Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:19 am

Edward T. wrote:This Swedish helmet was created in the 1920's and used throughout WWII. It was later replaced with the M26 helmet which was a simplified version of the M21. Very Happy

The helmet features two decals of the Swedish crest on the left and right sides. There is also a metal version of the crest on the front of the helmet.

Swedish M21-18 Helmet Helmet11

The liner is a standard leather three pad system. Looks like some sort of stock/sorting number was written on the liner.

Swedish M21-18 Helmet Liner11

These used to be quite common on the surplus market.

Hi Edward, cool lid, and your right they used to be common on the surplus market,but not now,which is a shame, as these Swedish lids are a quality build piece of kit.

I have a Swedish M26 lid in my collection,and the guy I got it off,many years ago said it was Japanese!!!!!

Yeah they are similiar in profile...but Japanese!!

Cool lid mate,got any more to show,I'd be interested to see what you got Wink
    Edward T.
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2010-12-12
    Number of posts : 50

Post by Edward T. Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi Edward, cool lid, and your right they used to be common on the surplus market,but not now,which is a shame, as these Swedish lids are a quality build piece of kit.

I have a Swedish M26 lid in my collection,and the guy I got it off,many years ago said it was Japanese!!!!!

Cool lid mate,got any more to show,I'd be interested to see what you got Wink [/quote]

Thanks Easy Gee!

I too saw a M26 being passed off as a Japanese helmet, one of the rare "battleship grey" types with hand painted navy insignia at an antique shop. Funny how some people try to make a buck Rolling Eyes

I have a few more helmets I'll try to get up in the coming weeks.

Thanks again Very Happy
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Post by Easy Gee Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Edward T. wrote:

Cool lid mate,got any more to show,I'd be interested to see what you got Wink

Thanks Easy Gee!

I too saw a M26 being passed off as a Japanese helmet, one of the rare "battleship grey" types with hand painted navy insignia at an antique shop. Funny how some people try to make a buck Rolling Eyes

I have a few more helmets I'll try to get up in the coming weeks.

Thanks again Very Happy [/quote]

Laughing I'm glad it's not just me,who knows the differnce between,Swedish and Japanese lids....and your right someone's always out to make a sale ,no matter what!!!!! Laughing

Look forward to seeing your lid collection Mate,nice one Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:16 am