1stDivVet
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 1880

Swiss M-71 Helmet

Post by 1stDivVet on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:05 am

Often mis-identified as a Swiss Paratrooper helmet. These are close, but the suspension is diferent than the para model. This is the Model 71 helmet used by many Swiss ground forces.

Enjoy!

Fins...

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5571

Re: Swiss M-71 Helmet

Post by CollectinSteve on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 am

Actually, there is no such thing as a para model. That's because the Swiss don't have a para unit Smile (just small Special Forces). The one you're thinking of is the M48-62 used for mobile troops and it is widely (and incorrectly) referred to as "para". It was heavily influenced by the British "dispatch" helmet used by motorcycle riders. The M48-62 was largely phased out after the M71 came into widespread use.

If you need a helmet cover I have several new and very good used condition available to hopefully match whatever size helmet you have. If you're interested, check the markings inside and see if you can pull a size number. It should be expressed in metric, such as 56-58 or something like that.

Steve

1stDivVet
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 1880

Post by 1stDivVet on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:29 am

Steve,

I sure could use one!! Either new or used will work! When ya got nothin, anything is an improvement. It's got a 55-56 stamped on the steel band the liner is part of. Is that it or should I keep lookin?

Fins...

Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 807

Post by Bury_Dave on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:03 am

Very interesting. I think I'm going to look out for one of those M48-62 helmets Very Happy

thanks for the info guys.

ripcord
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 1500

Post by ripcord on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:49 pm

Have wanted an M71 helmet since my first Alpenflage set..

Finally broke down and got a real beauty from Evin..

This coincided with a care package from a dear friend and fellow forum member which contained some cool things including  some very welcome helmet covers, 2 of which I'd like to share..

2/3 of the helmet cover has obvious differences from the other 1/3 ...I really like this...

S

Ghoward2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2015-05-29
    Number of posts : 48

Post by Ghoward2 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:55 pm

ripcord wrote:

S

Dang, consider me jealous about that TAZ 90 cover. All I have are hats! Though, I have three of them so that might equal it out a bit Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:02 am

Current date/time is Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 am