F1 HBT Jacket

    Share
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat May 28, 2011 2:41 pm

    Hi Guys.

    Here I have a French F1 m80 Jacket.Dated 1984, can anyone give me a bit more info on these model Jackets, when did these discontinue, to be overtaken by the CCE pattern, etc, any info will be good info. Wink

    If anyone has any period pics of these jackets in use that would really great!!!









    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat May 28, 2011 2:42 pm

    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat May 28, 2011 2:43 pm

    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:27 pm

    Anyone, anyone at all Sad
    avatar
    fourtycoats
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

    Location : Ireland
    Registration date : 2010-01-13
    Number of posts : 339

    Research

    Post by fourtycoats on Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:36 pm

    Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:26 pm

    fourtycoats wrote:Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?


    Hmmm,Fair enough mate..... slighty hostile approach, but that's an issue you will have to deal with I guess....

    I thought we were here to help each other out, when googling did'nt come up with anything useful, hence this post, !!!!!!!!!




    avatar
    Mercenary25
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Jeremy
    Location : Massachusetts
    Registration date : 2009-03-02
    Number of posts : 1419

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Mercenary25 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:40 pm

    fourtycoats wrote:Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?

    Take it easy, don't forget what the forum is for. Everyone is here to learn and share information. As far I'm concerned, there aren't any threads about OD green F1 jacket here. If people keep making many threads to ask the same questions that already have been answered then it would be different story.

    Easy Gee, I'm sorry that this isn't my field or I would've helped you out.

    Cheers.


    _________________
    Best quote of generation by Mr.B:: dude #$%^&* ww2 navy LMAO.



    http://oefoif.forumotion.net/forum.htm
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm

    Mercenary25 wrote:
    fourtycoats wrote:Perhaps you should use google and the other research facilities available to all of us before you ask us to do the work for you?

    Take it easy, don't forget what the forum is for. Everyone is here to learn and share information. As far I'm concerned, there aren't any threads about OD green F1 jacket here. If people keep making many threads to ask the same questions that already have been answered then it would be different story.

    Easy Gee, I'm sorry that this isn't my field or I would've helped you out.

    Cheers.


    Thanks Merc, I appreciate that if you knew anything ,you would help me out, many thanks anyway Wink


    To be totally upfront, these hostile attitudes are not constructive, and I actually find them offensive, but thanks for moderating this in the way you have, good job Wink
    avatar
    Camo_fiend
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Name : Ben
    Location : Lefthand side of the Atlantic
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2672

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Camo_fiend on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:18 pm

    Hi Gary, nice F1 jacket. If I remember correctly, CCE was phased in sometime around 1994 or thereabouts. I remember reading somewhere that trials were started sometime around 1992, with widescale issue coming in around 1994.


    _________________
    Interested in any European digital camo.

    See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:50 am

    Camo_fiend wrote:Hi Gary, nice F1 jacket. If I remember correctly, CCE was phased in sometime around 1994 or thereabouts. I remember reading somewhere that trials were started sometime around 1992, with widescale issue coming in around 1994.




    Cool Cheers Ben, thanks for the info, I have drawn a blank on specific info on these jackets...so that's great cheers
    avatar
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Age : 55
    Location : France
    Registration date : 2011-05-31
    Number of posts : 84

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by JYN on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:02 am



    Gary,

    During my military period in the 1980s, I was wearing the F1 jacket as well as the Satin 300 jacket. As I was working at the HQs of the Regiment, I was wearing the F1 as my mates were wearing the Satin 300. When you are among officers to need to be smart. The F1 was more used for parades and the Satin 300 for maneuveurs, guards, etc...

    Jean-Yves
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:49 am

    JYN wrote:

    Gary,

    During my military period in the 1980s, I was wearing the F1 jacket as well as the Satin 300 jacket. As I was working at the HQs of the Regiment, I was wearing the F1 as my mates were wearing the Satin 300. When you are among officers to need to be smart. The F1 was more used for parades and the Satin 300 for maneuveurs, guards, etc...

    Jean-Yves


    Thanks JY, that's very useful information indeed, I will search for pics of the F1 in use in parades...thanks again Mate Very Happy
    avatar
    JYN
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Age : 55
    Location : France
    Registration date : 2011-05-31
    Number of posts : 84

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by JYN on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:37 am

    Gary,

    It was a PFC speaking, for examples menber of the armed forces as NCOs and officers were wearing F1 most of the time.
    Jean-Yves
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:18 pm

    JYN wrote:Gary,

    It was a PFC speaking, for examples menber of the armed forces as NCOs and officers were wearing F1 most of the time.
    Jean-Yves


    Cool thanks JY, that makes sense so thanks again Mate, I think I need to invest in some more ref books on French uniforms from the 70's/80's Wink
    avatar
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Location : ITALY
    Registration date : 2012-01-15
    Number of posts : 74

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by magic2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am

    hi,my jacket dated 1977 with written armee francaise on left shoulder
    avatar
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Location : ITALY
    Registration date : 2012-01-15
    Number of posts : 74

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by magic2 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

    I remember the pictures seen in the raids magazine of 1995 with the French soldiers to comore island wore almost all the camouflage green. regards.
    avatar
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Age : 41
    Location : Denmark
    Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by saltefanden on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:36 am

    There is a huge trend in Copenhagen at the moment, where our young girls wear French OD F1's and F2's and CCE F2 jackets - every shabby chic fashion store sells them, and there is litterally thousands around.

    They are curiously enough all the same size (96N) and the earliest I've spotted are OD F1's from 1983 and the earliest F2 CCE ones dated 94'. The latest F2 OD ones however where 1997, so the French army must have kept the plain greens for a few years along with CCE's? I've read somewhere that it was primarely the Gendarmerie, that kept the OD's on.

    Fashion-wise the same thing happened a few years ago when it was Italian 1960's and -70's OD jackets.
    Everybody wore them for half a year and prices for torn, worn and faded jackets reached into a 110 Dollars US...
    - that's fashion for you.
    avatar
    Militaryman
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Location : Pretoria, South Africa
    Registration date : 2011-10-28
    Number of posts : 122

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Militaryman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 pm

    FourtyCoats, take a chill pill man! The forum is here so we can all share information and knowledge! Easygee sorry you had to get a response like that its uncalled for. Sorry i also cant help as i specialize in African Camo.......let me know when you have anything African and i'll be glad to assist, unlike some on here..

    Cheers Mate
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 am

    magic2 wrote:hi,my jacket dated 1977 with written armee francaise on left shoulder


    Very nice Jacket mate, I really like the look of this one, it has many interestinf features about it Cool
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:12 am

    magic2 wrote:I remember the pictures seen in the raids magazine of 1995 with the French soldiers to comore island wore almost all the camouflage green. regards.


    That's very interesting information, Magic. Nice one Wink
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 am

    saltefanden wrote:There is a huge trend in Copenhagen at the moment, where our young girls wear French OD F1's and F2's and CCE F2 jackets - every shabby chic fashion store sells them, and there is litterally thousands around.

    They are curiously enough all the same size (96N) and the earliest I've spotted are OD F1's from 1983 and the earliest F2 CCE ones dated 94'. The latest F2 OD ones however where 1997, so the French army must have kept the plain greens for a few years along with CCE's? I've read somewhere that it was primarely the Gendarmerie, that kept the OD's on.

    Fashion-wise the same thing happened a few years ago when it was Italian 1960's and -70's OD jackets.
    Everybody wore them for half a year and prices for torn, worn and faded jackets reached into a 110 Dollars US...
    - that's fashion for you.


    Hi Ronny.

    Fashion and the military seem to go hand in hand, and I remember wearing an OD Italian Jacket, with a US OD hood attached around 84/85 ( I still own this one), all my mates at the time where wearing DPM, I was the odd one out, I guess I was trying to make a statement Laughing
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:17 am

    Militaryman wrote:FourtyCoats, take a chill pill man! The forum is here so we can all share information and knowledge! Easygee sorry you had to get a response like that its uncalled for. Sorry i also cant help as i specialize in African Camo.......let me know when you have anything African and i'll be glad to assist, unlike some on here..

    Cheers Mate


    Thanks Mate, and no worries, I don't currently own any African pieces, but when I do I definitely will give you a shout Very Happy
    avatar
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Location : ITALY
    Registration date : 2012-01-15
    Number of posts : 74

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by magic2 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 pm

    hi, Easy Gee, I can just put some pictures of French soldiers in green to comore island. regards.
    avatar
    filupe
    MODERATOR
    MODERATOR

    Location : Oz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1047

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by filupe on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:26 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:
    I think I need to invest in some more ref books on French uniforms from the 70's/80's Wink

    I don't believe there is many widely available - certainly not in the English language. My knowledge of the F1 OD fatigues started with the Kolwezi operation of 1976 - somewhere between there and the intro of CCE they came up with the F2 variant (the difference of which I am still largely ignorant of - not to mention 'Satin 300'). I can't ever remember coming across the designation 'M80' but if you were looking for pictures in use then you might want to google French operations in Lebanon.

    I hope between the input of our French members and the assorted pieces we have in our own collections (myself included) we can piece together an accurate timeline of the evolution of French OD fatigues - at least approaching the dearth of information available on the sexier camouflaged 'tenue leopard'!
    avatar
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 48
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Easy Gee on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:43 pm

    magic2 wrote:hi, Easy Gee, I can just put some pictures of French soldiers in green to comore island. regards.


    Hi Magic.

    That would be great if you could add some reference pictures, cool thanks Mate Wink

    Sponsored content

    Re: F1 HBT Jacket

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:45 am