IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
krzysztof
Bury_Dave
filupe
Militaryman
saltefanden
magic2
JYN
Camo_fiend
Mercenary25
fourtycoats
Easy Gee
15 posters

F1 HBT Jacket

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Empty Re: F1 HBT Jacket

Post by Easy Gee Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

filupe wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    I think I need to invest in some more ref books on French uniforms from the 70's/80's Wink

I don't believe there is many widely available - certainly not in the English language. My knowledge of the F1 OD fatigues started with the Kolwezi operation of 1976 - somewhere between there and the intro of CCE they came up with the F2 variant (the difference of which I am still largely ignorant of - not to mention 'Satin 300'). I can't ever remember coming across the designation 'M80' but if you were looking for pictures in use then you might want to google French operations in Lebanon.

I hope between the input of our French members and the assorted pieces we have in our own collections (myself included) we can piece together an accurate timeline of the evolution of French OD fatigues - at least approaching the dearth of information available on the sexier camouflaged 'tenue leopard'!

Yeah, I've struggled to source any books on the subject, and I will try googling Lebanon operations, see what comes up, thanks for that.

I never realised these humble pieces were so unresearched as it were,I will watch this space.

Thanks again.

magic2
    magic2
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-01-15
    Number of posts : 74

Post by magic2 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:04 am

hi, I took this photo from the magazine raids of 1995 saw the French soldiers to comore island, sorry, the photo is not of good quality.F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 04032010
    the soldiers with camouflage F1. Regards, Magic2
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:36 pm

Many thanks for adding this pic Magic, great stuff Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:15 am

Guys, I have another to show you, this one is Gulf war dated, and has a Velcro patch, and some mysterious stitches were another patch would have been, this one only cost me a quid too, any ideas on what patches might well have sat on this Jacket, I suspect it might well be a Legionnaire Jacket!!!

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc05652F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc05653F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc05654F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc05655

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:13 am

Nice ... I don't think 'La Legion' are the only ones using the lozenge arm patch and believe at least the Marines do as well (double red border with red anchor(?)). I don't know if ALL legionnaires do this but I also believe a favourite modification is adding an elasticised waistband at the back for a more tailored fit and shortened.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:28 am

filupe wrote:Nice ... I don't think 'La Legion' are the only ones using the lozenge arm patch, Marines do as well (double red border with red anchor(?)). I don't know if ALL legionnaires do this but I also believe a favourite modification is adding an elasticed waistband at the back for a more tailored fit and shortened.

Thanks for looking and your comments filupe, I agree there are many French units who have the lozenge, this one has an elasticated waist band ,but I believe this is standard to this style..I need to do more research on placement of French patches on these style of Jackets, but as before there is not a great of info out there, apart from the fantastic contributions to this thread so far.

Thanks again, I appreciate your input. Wink
    Bury_Dave
    Bury_Dave
    Senior Lieutenant
    Senior Lieutenant

Name : Dave
    Registration date : 2012-02-14
    Number of posts : 822

Post by Bury_Dave Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:31 am

I really like the F1 and F2 kit but not the way the French wear them. I prefer my combat kit to be baggy and not sprayed on ! Laughing
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Bury_Dave wrote:I really like the F1 and F2 kit but not the way the French wear them. I prefer my combat kit to be baggy and not sprayed on ! Laughing

You have a point there Dave, the French do tend to go for the fitted look and style, even jackets that are a size or two larger than my normal size, always feel too short, but I always thought the elasticated and shorter than normal trousers were a genius idea Cool
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Update, on this Jacket I believe it's French Marines ( Troupes de Marine) issue ,based on the four pieces of thread to attach a metal badge ,which has four hooks..I am in the process of getting hold of some from France.

So not Legion , but still an Elite forces piece Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 am

Easy Gee wrote:Update, on this Jacket I believe it's French Marines ( Troupes de Marine) issue ,based on the four pieces of thread to attach a metal badge ,which has four hooks..I am in the process of getting hold of some from France.

So not Legion , but still an Elite forces piece Wink

Update....

And here is some losenge Troupe de Marine badges I have sourced, which will fit nicely onto this Jacket Cool

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc05931F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc05932
    krzysztof
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2012-05-23
    Number of posts : 14

Post by krzysztof Thu May 24, 2012 9:42 am

If I'm not mistake French OD uniforms have been used by Bundeswehr soldiers in Somalia operation in begining of '90 s
    I've seen/have 3 types of French OD chemise,next week I'll post some pics.Some were dated after 1990,oldest I've seen was from 1981.
    always thought that F1 type of uniform is that with four pockets and F2 is with two pockets,all made of HBT material,but maybe ther is another explanation for this names?
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 626

Post by sh4pak Thu May 24, 2012 11:03 am

My 2 cents is just this: it is EXTREMELY difficult to find info via Google for French kit. Other search-engines are even worse.

That's a bangin' jacket, Gary. I love the F-1 stuff, od, camo, or modded-- hbt over sateen, or poplin-- though I like those, too.

Magic, yours is a fair bit sharp as well (and by "fair bit" I mean to say that I covet the hell out of this stuff).

I don't have much to add for ID'ing these bits, but I love seeing them.

Thanks, guys!
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 5:02 am

krzysztof wrote:If I'm not mistake French OD uniforms have been used by Bundeswehr soldiers in Somalia operation in begining of '90 s
    I've seen/have 3 types of French OD chemise,next week I'll post some pics.Some were dated after 1990,oldest I've seen was from 1981.
    always thought that F1 type of uniform is that with four pockets and F2 is with two pockets,all made of HBT material,but maybe ther is another explanation for this names?

Hi, the Bundeswehr connection is an interesting aspect I was not aware of, I would be keen to find out more about this !
    I would also be keen to see your examples, feel free to add them here, your right about the F1 and F2 differences too.
    Thanks for looking and your information.

Gary Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 5:06 am

sh4pak wrote:My 2 cents is just this: it is EXTREMELY difficult to find info via Google for French kit. Other search-engines are even worse.

That's a bangin' jacket, Gary. I love the F-1 stuff, od, camo, or modded-- hbt over sateen, or poplin-- though I like those, too.

Magic, yours is a fair bit sharp as well (and by "fair bit" I mean to say that I covet the hell out of this stuff).

I don't have much to add for ID'ing these bits, but I love seeing them.

Thanks, guys!

Hi Dan, thanks for looking Mate, and I totally agree with you, Google searches do not come up with much in regrads to researching French kit, I did find a French air-soft forum recently that had some really good pictures of the evolution of OG uniforms,( M-64 up to F2) but sadly the information was tenous and speculative at best Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat May 26, 2012 1:47 pm

Here's another dated 1984, this Jacket does not have a storm flap inside the collar, not sure when this was discontinued , it is strange as I have a 91 dated one with the storm flap, but apart from that has the usual features of these Jackets.

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06524F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06525F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06526F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06527
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:59 am

An F1 Thermal shirt, this one is dated 1991, these were worn under the F1 jacket, with the collars undone.

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06634F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06635F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06636
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:03 am

F1 Trousers ( non HBT weave) dated 1994.

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06637F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06638F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06639
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Those are in great shape.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:50 pm

sh4pak wrote:Those are in great shape.

Thanks for looking mate,pity they are too small to wear though, as I reckon they would be very practical for hiking Wink
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 pm

And another one,but F2, this one is going to be interesting to work out which patches would have been attached originally, I am also unable to date this one, but it does appear to have some interesting features,hope you enjoy my latest find!!!

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06717F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06718F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06719F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06720F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06721F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06722F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06723
    sh4pak
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Post by sh4pak Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:26 pm

It is those little details, like the hook & loop at the bottom of the storm-flap, that attracts me to French kit. Overall, the equipment is almost anonymous, but look inside, and there are hidden goodies.

Nice find!
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 am

sh4pak wrote:It is those little details, like the hook & loop at the bottom of the storm-flap, that attracts me to French kit. Overall, the equipment is almost anonymous, but look inside, and there are hidden goodies.

Nice find!

Thanks Dan, I have had a look through my F1 and F2 Jackets this morning, and realised that there is the same Velcro tab on the bottom of a GW dated Daguet F1 jacket, but not on later ones, and this is a later one being an F2..very strange Exclamation
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Empty More f1 KIT.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:30 am

More French kit first up an F1 1991 GW/Daguet dated thermal sweatshirt, and secondly another pair of 1993 dated F1 Trousers.

F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06724F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06725F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06726F1 HBT Jacket - Page 2 Dsc06727
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Post by sobota Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Gary, I randomly have one of these jackets however it doesn't have the pockets to the front or velcro on the arms, my question to you, seeing as I am purely a British kit kinda guy, is what exactly do I have? scratch

Pictures can be supplied?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:39 pm

sobota wrote:Gary, I randomly have one of these jackets however it doesn't have the pockets to the front or velcro on the arms, my question to you, seeing as I am purely a British kit kinda guy, is what exactly do I have? scratch

Pictures can be supplied?

Hiya George, when you say no pockets do you mean no lower pockets or no zipped upper pockets,pictures would be good mate, the more the better Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am