IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles.

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3858

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. Empty French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles.

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:33 pm

French F1 1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles.

Nice 1st model F1 with goggles and Desert Cover-cover is the later type and not correct for the helmet so am after an early desert cover if anything available.

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. Fcfd418b

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 13a88a2b

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 578f7f31

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 752020e0

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 5394b349
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. Empty Re: French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles.

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:35 pm

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 806bcff8
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. Empty Re: French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles.

Post by Easy Gee Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:02 pm

Very Cool Richard ....I am a big fan of the French F1 models.

BTW-These Lids with this style of cover were definetely worn in 2001 by the French Airforce ground crew/security in Iraq...just for your info Mate Wink
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Easy Gee wrote:Very Cool Richard ....I am a big fan of the French F1 models.

BTW-These Lids with this style of cover were definetely worn in 2001 by the French Airforce ground crew/security in Iraq...just for your info Mate Wink

Cheers Gary,the 2nd type i take it with the different chinstrap?

Just need that darned early Desert cover and ill be well happy Very Happy Very Happy
    drmatz
    drmatz

Name : danilo matz
    Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 2103

Post by drmatz Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:19 pm

very neat helmet, looks great with the googles

cheers
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 pm

drmatz wrote:very neat helmet, looks great with the googles

cheers

Thanks,would have been even better if dated 1978 Wink Wink

Not exactly sure what the reason/s were for changing the chinstrap design but on this particular helmet there is NO WAY on Earth i can adjust the chinstrap to fit properly no matter what i do unlike on the other F1 I have with the later velcro adjustable chinstrap-were the later chinstraps longer i wonder with more scope to adjust?

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:52 pm

Gulf91 wrote:

Just need that darned early Desert cover and ill be well happy Very Happy Very Happy

Err yeah, definetely the 2nd model with snap out liner Laughing

There's a seller on ebay who is selling a Daguet cover with drawstring fastening, but I reckon it's for a Spectra, if it was an F1 Gulf war dated version , I would have snapped it up already Wink
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:

There's a seller on ebay who is selling a Daguet cover with drawstring fastening, but I reckon it's for a Spectra, if it was an F1 Gulf war dated version , I would have snapped it up already Wink

How would you tell if its for a Spectra or F1 please Gary?
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:

AFAIK- The spectra lid covers are shaped to fit the rim, as the spectra has a "kpot" profile.

As you know the F1 cover is fairly flat around the edge.And could be fitted back to front ( if you see what I mean) not so with a spectra cover as far as I am aware....if this makes sense good on ya Laughing
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:44 pm

Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:

AFAIK- The spectra lid covers are shaped to fit the rim, as the spectra has a "kpot" profile.

As you know the F1 cover is fairly flat around the edge.And could be fitted back to front ( if you see what I mean) not so with a spectra cover as far as I am aware....if this makes sense good on ya Laughing

Makes total sense Gary Very Happy

Have a 1990 dated cover on route so well happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Will use it on my later 80s dated F1 i think for a Gulf 91 look as not sure when these 1st model F1s were taken out of service.
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 am

Makes total sense Gary Very Happy

Have a 1990 dated cover on route so well happy Laughing Laughing Laughing

Will use it on my later 80s dated F1 i think for a Gulf 91 look as not sure when these 1st model F1s were taken out of service.[/quote]

No worries, and congrats on the 90 dated cover Wink

The 1st Model F1 was introduced in 1978 and was superceded by the 2nd series in 1982, so quite a short period for this lid really, hope this helps Mate Wink
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

Post by bolo Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Gulf91 wrote:
    drmatz wrote:very neat helmet, looks great with the googles

cheers

Thanks,would have been even better if dated 1978 Wink Wink

Not exactly sure what the reason/s were for changing the chinstrap design but on this particular helmet there is NO WAY on Earth i can adjust the chinstrap to fit properly no matter what i do unlike on the other F1 I have with the later velcro adjustable chinstrap-were the later chinstraps longer i wonder with more scope to adjust?

the reason your early style chin strap wont fit is because the soldiers would often trim off the excess material and the straps would only fit correctly for the last soldier that used it, and they would also often wrap some tape on the straps to keep them adjusted and fit just right, especially if used by paratroopers

only way to fix the problem would be to add new chin straps that havent been trimmed down / shortened yet
    bolo
    bolo
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 76

Post by bolo Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 pm

1979 dated first model F1 helmets are hard to find , it's still one of the early ones
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:46 am

bolo wrote:1979 dated first model F1 helmets are hard to find , it's still one of the early ones

Now have a spare if anyone interested.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm

hi gulf 91 great looking french lid mate where abouts are you in gods country im in north wales if you dont mind me showing heres my example [img]French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 100_1870[/img]
    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Gulf91 Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 pm

jaycee wrote:hi gulf 91 great looking french lid mate where abouts are you in gods country im in north wales if you dont mind me showing heres my example [img]French F1 Helmet-1st Model with Desert Cover+Goggles. 100_1870[/img]

Nice one Jaycee,the Gas Mask finishes it off nicely Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 am