Military museums that I have been visited...

dmi3
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-07-13
    Number of posts : 23

Re: Military museums that I have been visited...

Post by dmi3 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:57 am

Historical museum in Rovno, Ukraine
    Once I visited this museum and share with you photos from this exhibition.

Soviet Maxim machinegun (mod 1910)

Some items of Ukrainian nationalists rebells in 1941-1944

WW2 german awards

Soviet 120 mm mortar and Gorjunov system Machinegun SG-43

Soviet WW2 firearms

German officer's coat that was used by Hero of the Soviet Union Nikolay Kiznetsov and his another items (Kuznetsov was made some actions to killed some german high officers and civil government of General-Gubernie Ukraine, got many intelligence missions. He was killed after accident with ukrainian insurgents (UPA) in spring 1944)

Soviet uniforms 1943-45

Medical equipment of Soviet army

Uniform of soviet marshal Konev and soviet infantryman

Different Russian imperial army, soviet army and polish awards and badges

Photo of Rovno garnizon regiment, 1904

Exhibition of arms

Colt M1911

Steyr, 1915 (Austria)

Uniform of russian seaman who served on Armoured ship "Potyomkin" in Russian-Japan war 1904-1905

Mauser M1910/1934

Mauser, 1905

German arms

Soviet staff sergant uniform (1943-45)

Soviet aviation machinegun ShKAS

Brauning High Pauer

Karabin Mosin, (1938), DP-27 and SVT-38

Estonian pre-war sub-machine gun

General's parade uniform

Maxim 1910

Soviet arms

DT-28

PPS-43, Czech submachine gun and SKS

German 50 mm mortar

Uniform of the US infantryman in Vietnam - this uniform was weared by man who was born in Rovno, emigrated to US and joined to US army

PTRD

USSR in Afganistan

Ukrainian uniform in Iraq, 2003-2007

DP-44

Soviet 120 mm mortar with trailer

ZiS-3 AT gun

ZiS-2 - 57 mm AT gun

ZiS-5

GAZ-AA

Tracktor "Universal"

ripcord
    Major
    Major

Registration date : 2012-12-29
    Number of posts : 1498

Post by ripcord on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:04 pm

Hey all,

Recently had the opportunity to visit the Airborne & Spec Ops Museum in Fayetteville NC.
    The photos ( sorry for the blurry ones ) speak for themselves..

NUTS !!!

I will return to this wonderful museum soon, with a proper camera .

rip....

ripcord
    Major
    Major

Post by ripcord on Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:28 pm

Some more of the better shots,

This jump jacket has been camouflaged with what looks to be paint

That's all, folks....

rip....

mylle
    Major
    Major

Name : Alex
    Registration date : 2013-10-18
    Number of posts : 1323

Post by mylle on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Nice pics!I guess you had a great time! Laughing 

ripcord
    Major
    Major

Post by ripcord on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:34 am

Hey Alex,

Certainly a museum I want to visit again. First class operation, humbling displays.

Among the staff are Airborne and Spec Ops Veterans who care deeply about this living memorial and will answer any questions one may have.
     The day I was there, a troupe of young women and men dressed in WW II garb were playing big band and patriotic music in the large foyer.

Very cool.

555 First Black Paratrooper Unit                                                                

rip....

ripcord
    Major
    Major

Post by ripcord on Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:59 am

Also visited Ft. Frederica, a National Monument and  an early British & Scott settlement from where a garrison of mixed troops set off to battle and defeat a Spanish invasion force at Bloody Marsh  in Georgia on the year of  1742.

A very eerie place...

rip....

Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3704

Post by Gulf91 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:15 am

A week today I visited the RAF Museum at RAF Cosford,ok,it was an aviation museum but did have a few AFVs and a small Op Granby display consisting of a few mannequins in full kit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:12 pm

Current date/time is Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:12 pm