French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Share

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 am

    At last ive managed to source an early Daguet cover Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

    In some period pics ive seen as these early covers lack the rubber edge of the later types what was used on these as it doesnt look like a cut down inner tube-looks more rounded like for example so form of pipe/hose split down the middle?

    Helmet is dated 1988 and doesnt have that much denting to the crown unlike a lot ive seen Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

    The other cover is dated 1993.














    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:51 pm

    Very nice Rich, very nice indeed!!!!!!

    The French forces used to use the rubber trim from car doors, to fit onto the rim of the lid's, it works a treat !!!

    The CCE covers ( pattern and design) are a favourite cover of mine, very functional, and typically French!!!

    If you don't mind me asking where did you get the Daguet cover, I am in the market for one of these Wink

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:54 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:Very nice Rich, very nice indeed!!!!!!

    The French forces used to use the rubber trim from car doors, to fit onto the rim of the lid's, it works a treat !!!

    The CCE covers ( pattern and design) are a favourite cover of mine, very functional, and typically French!!!

    If you don't mind me asking where did you get the Daguet cover, I am in the market for one of these Wink

    Thats the stuff-knew i had seen it before somewhere on older cars Very Happy

    Hmmm,now where can i get some of that Rolling Eyes

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:56 pm

    Will try to find the seller of the covers again for you Gary.

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 pm

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220809400653&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_949

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:35 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Very nice Rich, very nice indeed!!!!!!

    The French forces used to use the rubber trim from car doors, to fit onto the rim of the lid's, it works a treat !!!

    The CCE covers ( pattern and design) are a favourite cover of mine, very functional, and typically French!!!

    If you don't mind me asking where did you get the Daguet cover, I am in the market for one of these Wink

    Thats the stuff-knew i had seen it before somewhere on older cars Very Happy

    Hmmm,now where can i get some of that Rolling Eyes


    LOL..I too have that dilema,I looked down my local car breakers, no luck!!!!

    And if you could supply the dealers details that would be cool mate, I would appreciate it Very Happy

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:38 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Very nice Rich, very nice indeed!!!!!!

    The French forces used to use the rubber trim from car doors, to fit onto the rim of the lid's, it works a treat !!!

    The CCE covers ( pattern and design) are a favourite cover of mine, very functional, and typically French!!!

    If you don't mind me asking where did you get the Daguet cover, I am in the market for one of these Wink

    Thats the stuff-knew i had seen it before somewhere on older cars Very Happy

    Hmmm,now where can i get some of that Rolling Eyes


    LOL..I too have that dilema,I looked down my local car breakers, no luck!!!!

    And if you could supply the dealers details that would be cool mate, I would appreciate it Very Happy

    Already have in the post above this Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:41 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:Very nice Rich, very nice indeed!!!!!!

    The French forces used to use the rubber trim from car doors, to fit onto the rim of the lid's, it works a treat !!!

    The CCE covers ( pattern and design) are a favourite cover of mine, very functional, and typically French!!!

    If you don't mind me asking where did you get the Daguet cover, I am in the market for one of these Wink

    Thats the stuff-knew i had seen it before somewhere on older cars Very Happy

    Hmmm,now where can i get some of that Rolling Eyes


    LOL..I too have that dilema,I looked down my local car breakers, no luck!!!!




    Ooops so you have, too many beers already...well it is Friday after all, cheers mate , I will check this one out, thanks for that....cheers and I'm back to my beer now Laughing drunken

    And if you could supply the dealers details that would be cool mate, I would appreciate it Very Happy

    Already have in the post above this Laughing Laughing Laughing

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:46 pm

    Also this looks like the stuff i think??

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170644234785&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1614wt_698

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:51 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:Also this looks like the stuff i think??

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170644234785&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1614wt_698



    Nice one Rich, this looks very similiar to the original trim Very Happy

    What we need is to find a scrapped 2CV Laughing

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:53 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:Also this looks like the stuff i think??

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170644234785&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1614wt_698



    Nice one Rich, this looks very similiar to the original trim Very Happy

    What we need is to find a scrapped 2CV Laughing

    Used to have 2 cracking scrapyards not too far from me and before all this health and safety bullshit you could stroll in,climb around and have a good rummage for bits yourself then take them to the chap who would make up a price there and then-great times Laughing Laughing

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:56 pm

    Gulf91 wrote:
    Easy Gee wrote:
    Gulf91 wrote:Also this looks like the stuff i think??

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170644234785&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1614wt_698



    Nice one Rich, this looks very similiar to the original trim Very Happy

    What we need is to find a scrapped 2CV Laughing

    Used to have 2 cracking scrapyards not too far from me and before all this health and safety bullshit you could stroll in,climb around and have a good rummage for bits yourself then take them to the chap who would make up a price there and then-great times Laughing Laughing


    Yeah I remember those days too, good times eh Laughing Rolling Eyes

    bolo
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Location : California
    Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 70

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by bolo on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 pm



    heres a French soldier in Iraq wearing a "salade" camo cover with car door edging used to secure it around the edge, a piece of black rubber tire tube is also commonly used

    Gulf91
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Age : 45
    Location : Wales
    Registration date : 2011-05-13
    Number of posts : 3701

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Gulf91 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 pm

    I have a salade cover somewhere just need to track down some door edge/trim.

    Great pic.

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:25 am

    bolo wrote:

    heres a French soldier in Iraq wearing a "salade" camo cover with car door edging used to secure it around the edge, a piece of black rubber tire tube is also commonly used


    Very cool ref pic Bolo, have you any idea what era this pic was taken?

    Nice one Wink

    bolo
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Location : California
    Registration date : 2009-09-23
    Number of posts : 70

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by bolo on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:47 pm

    Easy Gee wrote:
    bolo wrote:

    heres a French soldier in Iraq wearing a "salade" camo cover with car door edging used to secure it around the edge, a piece of black rubber tire tube is also commonly used


    Very cool ref pic Bolo, have you any idea what era this pic was taken?

    Nice one Wink

    I remember it was from the first Gulf War in 1991, but I dont have any more info, I just saved the cool photo for reference , I think he's a French Legionaire



    heres another Gulf War 1991 era photo with desert camo covers in use

    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

    Name : Gary
    Age : 47
    Location : UK
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Easy Gee on Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:34 pm

    Bolo, that's great info,love the latest pic too, many thanks Very Happy

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Guest on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:56 pm

    nice cover gulf i managed to track down the salade netting he's an updated pic of my f1 thanks james

    Sponsored content

    Re: French F1 Helmet-2nd Type with 1990 Dated Daguet Cover.

    Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 am


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:37 am