IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel

oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Dan M
    Registration date : 2011-06-10
    Number of posts : 131

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel Empty SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel

Post by oceanfrontguy Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Hi i dont have any pictures but i recently saw a Modified Woodland BDU with Velcro aligned as the SEALS do with their uniforms... Lower pockets were removed and attached to shoulders as well

Now the kicker... Inside the right shoulder pocket attached with paracord was a two sided/two color 8x8" (appx) cloth panel. one side was like a day-glow orange and the other side was a pinkish color. Is this some sort of aerial identification panel or maybe somekind of training device?

The uniform was seen at a store near Little Creek so im assuming its a Navy SEAL or EOD or SWCC...

Any ideas?

If its something interesting or rare ill buy it. Saw it at a thrift shop for $20 and didnt know if it was worth it or not lol. Im sure its still there tomorrow!

thanks much!

misanthropic_gods
    misanthropic_gods

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel Empty Re: SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel

Post by misanthropic_gods Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:46 am

That sounds like a VS-17 panel, I made a thread about them HERE

For that price, I would TOTALLY pick that up.
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel Empty Re: SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel

Post by oceanfrontguy Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:21 am

Wow thanks for the info!! You dont have to tell me twice, on my way to the store to pick it up in a few hours!! haha.

So i saw the panels all over the vehicles but is it common practice for a SEAL or spec ops guy to cut up a smaller piece and have it on their person?

One of the other modified BDUs had a standard plastic military whistle too. Ill prob pick up the other uniforms when they drop the prices after a week or so. I dont feel like spending $20 a pop on 3 modified DCUs and 2 BDUs. A lot of $$ lol (unless anyone is interested in me picking them up for them)
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:44 am

I am with Shane on this one. I would definitely go back and grab at least some of the modifieds. I can assure you that they wouldn't last in my area for any length of time.

A few years back, I bought a grouping of modified DCU's on Ebay. The pictures sucked, so I got the lot for less than $20. When they arrived, they had the 25th ID patch on the sleeve. With the grouping was a modifed DCU boonie that had the orange side of a VS-17 panel sewn to the inside top. Something you don't see everyday.

Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by oceanfrontguy Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:31 pm

ok ended up buying it today! I was thinking it was a BDU for some reason, its actually DCU as we all can see lol... let me know what u think!

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3645

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3646

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3641

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3642
    oceanfrontguy
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Post by oceanfrontguy Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Few close ups. Anyone know that the small patch of Velcro is for behind the back collar? Unless u have the color buttoned up all the way, its not visible... Maybe for a blood type patch? And is the pen holder inside the left pocket normal on these mods?

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3644

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3649

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3643

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3647

SEAL/EOD Modified Woodland BDU with Orange Identification Panel DSCN3650
    nkomo
    nkomo
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Name : Arch
    Registration date : 2009-02-13
    Number of posts : 3324

Post by nkomo Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:24 pm

What do I think? I think I REALLY like that mod DCU! As far as the velcro square on the neck under the collar, I had always thought it was for an IR square or something like that. I have seen SEAL pieces with this modification before. Actually own a couple with that modification. GREAT piece!!!!

Registration date : 2009-07-27
    Number of posts : 991

Post by misanthropic_gods Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:52 pm

That is an OUTSTANDING piece...really top notch. If you ever feel like selling it, have me on the top of your list.

That is just a great DCU top, I love it! Good job keeping an eye open!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 am