IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest

filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest Empty Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest

Post by filupe Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:25 am

Our local surplus store chain have been getting in these assault vests. Most have been used but I recently managed to find one in close to unused condition.

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5571

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5573

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5574

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5575

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5564

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5565

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5570

If there are any Dutch members that can confirm or not whether this webbing system is still being used? On the right hand side of the bottom of the vest there is a strange velcro/press stud and female fastex clip - what is this used for?

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5569

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5568

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5567

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest IMG_5566

Would also appreciate the purpose of each of these pouches. The small grenade pouch and zippered admin pouch seem straightforward, but what about the others?
    silversurfer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Registration date : 2011-08-18
    Number of posts : 42

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest Empty Re: Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest

Post by silversurfer Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:27 pm

Please post some photos with the Vests loaded up.

Regretfully, most Molle Tactical Vests from most Nations seem to be built for Small Roswell Aliens.

A Molle Vest should at least be able to carry 2 magazines wide on each upper Top side of the Vest, and 4 (Preferably more) Magazines wide on each Bottom side. On the back it should be at least 4 Magazines wide or more.

You see in the pictures below of a LBT Vest, that your capacity is only 1 Carbine Magazine wide on the Top and 3 Magazine wide on the Bottom side. The Back is 3 Magazines wide.It should also be at least 8 rows of webbing. I guess one shouldn't complain since it comes with a life time guarantee.

Dutch MOLLE Assault Vest 8_Vest_Front_14_Mag_Full
    filupe
    filupe

Registration date : 2009-02-16
    Number of posts : 1082

Post by filupe Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:48 pm

Unfortunately the pouches above are all that came with the vest. To make anywhere close to a decent loadout I would need to purchase another set, and even then I notice I have no ammo pouches - I don't even know what they look like!
    silversurfer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by silversurfer Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:59 pm

A 30rd Steyr AUG Magazine is about 18cm tall, a 42rd is about 23cm. They are about 7.5cm wide (edge to edge when placed flat). It's just a guess, but the pouch at the top center might be a mag pouch.

I like how your Molle Load Bearing Vest has 8 rows of molle/pals. The shoulders also look like they will distribute the weight well.

The paracord on the sides can also be replaced and lengthened to fit almost anyone. But anything with paracord is always risky to wear as it can snag, catch on something.

I wish they had not scalloped the top of the back, lessening the number to 7-5 usable molle-pals slots.

I also do not like those D-Rings on the bottom. They might be for attaching to leg drops, or even a web belt.

Too bad you can't close and zip up the front as an option on that, from photos looks like you can't.

That buttoned velcro attachment extending from the lower right edge, could be for attachment of a Blow Out Med kit pouch. But for a left handed person, shouldn't they put that strip on both sides? Again I'm just guessing. Will be interesting to see what the Dutch say.
    silversurfer
    Corporal
    Corporal

Post by silversurfer Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Do an internet search with the NSN. You will find several being sold in a UK shop and they list what some of them may be. I hate promoting an outside retail chain that isn't contributing here, but look at this link, they also list other items. If you can, edit my post so they don't get free business Evil or Very Mad

http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/tags/assault-vest

http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/products/Dutch-NATO-Small-Molle-Smoke-Grenade-Pouch-Woodland-DPM.html

http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/products/Small-Molle-Cat-Tourniquet-%26-Trauma-Pad-Pouch-Woodland-DPM.html

http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/products/Dutch-NATO-Molle-medium-Utility-Pouch-Woodland-DPM.html

http://www.globalmilitarysupplies.co.uk/products/Dutch-NATO-Molle-medium-short-Utility-Pouch-Woodland-DPM.html

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:25 pm