Night Desert Camo uniforms

sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 601

Re: Night Desert Camo uniforms

Post by sh4pak on Mon May 07, 2012 6:20 pm

--I never really knew anything about this stuff. I picked up my parka back during the war, and the Marine at the surplus store said something about IR reflection. At the time, I thought he was messing with me (I was like... 19), but as all of the pixel patterns came out, I saw that he was not. I had no clue about the two different patterns, nor the alignment with "stones."
    I'd always assumed that this one was from a bad batch, and therefore ended up in surplus. That may still be true-- but my has a sleeve that's *significantly* lighter than the body, and a pocket that's less-dramatically different:

Hood looks somewhat lighter, too-- but the sleeve... pix don't really tell the tale due to shadows. It's *very* off.

CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 5874

Post by CollectinSteve on Tue May 08, 2012 1:07 am

Thanks to this thread I've got another 3 pieces in my hands and I dug out my customized set. Aside from the two variations of the pattern itself, there appears to be a lot of variations in the colors.

Steve
    sh4pak
    Junior Lieutenant
    Junior Lieutenant

Registration date : 2012-04-23
    Number of posts : 601

Post by sh4pak on Tue May 08, 2012 1:26 am

--Yep. Guessing that the DoD put a rush on them. Funny how we all have them. I could give you a huge list of things I no longer have in my possession over the course of the last twenty years (Kevlar, knives, overcoats, uniforms, kit, wristwatches, handguns- all of which I can say with certainty I'd prefer to have kept), but weirdly, through everything, this bit of equipment has managed to stay. It is almost insidious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:50 am