IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket.

Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Gary
    Registration date : 2010-06-12
    Number of posts : 3591

Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket. Empty Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket.

Post by Easy Gee Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:08 am

Hi Serb fans.

This is a Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket, from my collection.

I am 100% sure about it's origins and provenance, but not 100% sure on the Serb patch on this jacket, is it from a specific unit from the Serbian Army?

Many thanks for looking and I look forward to hearing more about this Patch Wink

Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket. Dsc04128Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket. Dsc04129 Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket. Dsc04130

CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Registration date : 2009-03-08
    Number of posts : 6906

Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket. Empty Re: Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket.

Post by CollectinSteve Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Actually, I think this is a m92 or something like that. If you're lucky you will find a date on the tag. In any case, this was a standard issue jacket in the 1990s and early 2000s. There are some slight variations in features, otherwise they are consistent. The earlier model, which I do think is m89 IIRC, has two vertical chest pockets instead of two billowed pockets.

The patch on the upper left sleeve is correct for this jacket. Technically at this time the country was known as Yugoslavia, but in reality it was just Serbia (including Kosovo, of course) and Montenegro. Now that the two have split up and Serbia is Serbia, there is a new coat of arms.

Besides Yugoslavia, the Bosnian Serbs wore this (and most everything else Yugoslav) during the war. In that case they had their own patch in place of the Yugoslav one.

Steve
    Camo_fiend
    Camo_fiend

Name : Ben
    Registration date : 2009-07-22
    Number of posts : 2705

Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket. Empty Re: Maskirni Dezen 89 Serbian Combat Jacket.

Post by Camo_fiend Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Cool jacket, Gary!

See my collection online: http://benscamo.webs.com/
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:17 am

CollectinSteve wrote:Actually, I think this is a m92 or something like that. If you're lucky you will find a date on the tag. In any case, this was a standard issue jacket in the 1990s and early 2000s. There are some slight variations in features, otherwise they are consistent. The earlier model, which I do think is m89 IIRC, has two vertical chest pockets instead of two billowed pockets.

The patch on the upper left sleeve is correct for this jacket. Technically at this time the country was known as Yugoslavia, but in reality it was just Serbia (including Kosovo, of course) and Montenegro. Now that the two have split up and Serbia is Serbia, there is a new coat of arms.

Besides Yugoslavia, the Bosnian Serbs wore this (and most everything else Yugoslav) during the war. In that case they had their own patch in place of the Yugoslav one.

Steve

Thanks for looking and for the info Steve.

I found some pics of MD-89 and MD-03 , but have not found any of MD-92, I will check that aspect out, so thanks for the tip.

Cheers.

Last edited by Easy Gee on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:19 am

Camo_fiend wrote:Cool jacket, Gary!

Thanks Ben, makes a nice change from DDPM,or US camo me thinks, and it was fairly cheap too!!

Cheers Mate Wink
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:55 pm

I might have my designations messed up. Whatever the case is, though, the earlier type has two vertical zip pockets and was used for a very brief time. The type you have was used throughout the 1990s and into the 2000s. Hopefully one of our Serb members will show up here and clarify the designations.

Steve
    zoranis
    zoranis
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Зоран
    Registration date : 2009-06-01
    Number of posts : 96

Post by zoranis Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:22 pm

it's M93

patch was warn 1994-2007 by all members of Vojska Jugoslavije (Vojska Srbije i Crne Gore) and by Vojska Srbije about a year, till new patches for VS were made

MDU (Maskirni Dezen Uniforme) refers to patern - Camouflage Pattern of Uniform
    M (Model) for cut
    CollectinSteve
    CollectinSteve
    ADMIN
    ADMIN

Post by CollectinSteve Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 am

Heh... I was close, but no cigar! M93... thanks for the reminder! I've made a note of it.

Steve
    Easy Gee
    Easy Gee
    Colonel
    Colonel

Post by Easy Gee Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:21 am

zoranis wrote:it's M93

patch was warn 1994-2007 by all members of Vojska Jugoslavije (Vojska Srbije i Crne Gore) and by Vojska Srbije about a year, till new patches for VS were made

MDU (Maskirni Dezen Uniforme) refers to patern - Camouflage Pattern of Uniform
    M (Model) for cut

Excellent , many thanks for the confirmation and info Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:16 am