IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts

sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 487

Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Empty Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts

Post by sobota Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:08 pm

The Royal Anglian regiment is an Infantry regiment of the British Army, notice on the beret there is a black patch behind the cap badge, this is referred to as the tombstone and is a regimental honour awarded to the the 9th Foot (East Norfolks) for burying General Sir John Moore in 1881, the cap badge features 8 points which represents the 8 regiments that amalgamated in 1964 to create the one regiment, another feature of the cap badge is the central Castle of Gibraltar and beneath that the key. Also notice the stable belt is done up on the third hole, another regimental honour, but i cant for the life of me remember why. Our motto is 'We make it happen'
    Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Sam_0612
    Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Sam_0613

And the RMP, theyre not my regiment so i cant really give much info, all i can say for sure is that their motto is 'Exemplo Ducemus' which in english i believe is 'Lead by example'. Their role is to maintain both military and civilian law wherever troops are operating.
    Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Sam_0610
    Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Sam_0611

Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Name : Rory Thompson
    Registration date : 2011-07-21
    Number of posts : 341

Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Empty Re: Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts

Post by Tommo Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:23 pm

Very nice, are you in the Anglian Regs or Territorials?
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts Empty Re: Royal Military Police and Royal Anglian Headdress and Stable Belts

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:32 am

I am neither unfortunately, I must sheepishly inform you that im just a cadet at the moment.
    SAL
    SAL
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

Name : Thomas
    Registration date : 2011-10-19
    Number of posts : 142

Post by SAL Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:16 am

Why sheepishly? Cadets are the future, be proud^^
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

i am very proud! i just didnt want to be seen as over keen Embarassed
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Tommo Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 am

Still good, AI or Cadet? I did three and a half years in the Mercian ACF, left a few months back.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 am

just a cadet sergeant at the moment, we're you AI or cadet?
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Tommo Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:36 am

Cadet CPL, I was in line for promotion to Sgt, I joined the Band aswell but my DC and assistants were...how can I put it, very selective and abrupt, I was one of 15 who left at the same time, we used to have 4 Cpls, and a CSgt but they all left leaving 1 Cpl, 2 LCpls and a new CSgt. I'm spending a bit of time with the TA at the moment, will be joining their ranks soon.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 am

Im the lead drum of the Corps of Drums as well, and I know the type of DC you talk of unfortunately. Im just finishing my education then hopefully going reg in a year or two, who do you hope to join in the TA?
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Tommo Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 am

Very nice, I considered joining another unit (Duke of Lancs or RSigs) but I really couldn't be bothered going back up the rank system again. 299 Para Sqn RE I'm hopefully going to join, just to keep me occupied while I'm at uni really.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:57 am

Ah ok, so youre not considering making a career of it?
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Tommo Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Not sure yet, I'm considering the RAF Regt or RAF Police, but to be honest I'm really not sure lol
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Ah, im still undecided as to what im going for either, at the moment its a toss us between AAC, RMP or REME?
    Tommo
    Tommo
    Senior Sergeant
    Senior Sergeant

Post by Tommo Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:25 pm

That is tough decision, good trades in all of them.
    sobota
    Sergeant Major
    Sergeant Major

Post by sobota Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Tell me about it, AAC would be ground crew, RMP would be well, RMP, and REME would be Air-Tech.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am