Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Share
    avatar
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Age : 50
    Location : AUSTRALIA
    Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

    Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by Flecktarn Australia on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:07 pm

    Hi guys, does anyone have any idea what the story is on this wonderful looking digitalized Flecktarn pattern? It is used by Russian troops and I have no idea how recent. What is it called? Who came up with this? etc.



    [b]

    [quote]


    Last edited by Flecktarn Australia on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    cobalt545
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2010-07-23
    Number of posts : 172

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by cobalt545 on Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:11 pm

    I wonder if it is a commercial item. SPOSN makes a whole range of "US boonie" hats in different camo patterns.
    avatar
    Tyler Flint
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Name : Username is the same hahahaha
    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2011-11-14
    Number of posts : 296

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by Tyler Flint on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:46 am

    The boonie dosent look digital, but I would say commercial..?

    russian142
    Junior Sergeant
    Junior Sergeant

    Name : Pavel
    Location : Russia
    Registration date : 2011-10-21
    Number of posts : 87

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by russian142 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:26 am

    45th VDV regiment, may be.
    Pavel.
    avatar
    Albano
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

    Location : Portugal
    Registration date : 2011-12-02
    Number of posts : 236

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by Albano on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 pm

    WOW! The best dot pattern just got squared!

    Me liky... Twisted Evil

    Yes, boonie looks like Mil-Tec trilaminate ones. Very awful in everything. Blarg!
    avatar
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Age : 42
    Location : Denmark
    Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by saltefanden on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:43 pm

    Hi, I got offered this pattern one month ago from a Russian eBay dealer, but outside of eBay rules and protections, so 'we can both make profit', which I declined as it was not cheap.

    He called it 'digital FROG-pattern' and sure enough, the Russian FROG-pattern (supposedly worn by border guards and special forces?) looks like a more squared but not pixelated Flecktarn, in slightly more contrasting colours.
    So one possible name could be 'digital FROG-pattern'?

    And Albano is right, I like the look of it!
    avatar
    koalorka
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Lieutenant Colonel

    Location : Canada
    Registration date : 2010-05-22
    Number of posts : 1714

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by koalorka on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:51 pm

    saltefanden wrote:Hi, I got offered this pattern one month ago from a Russian eBay dealer, but outside of eBay rules and protections, so 'we can both make profit', which I declined as it was not cheap.

    He called it 'digital FROG-pattern' and sure enough, the Russian FROG-pattern (supposedly worn by border guards and special forces?) looks like a more squared but not pixelated Flecktarn, in slightly more contrasting colours.
    So one possible name could be 'digital FROG-pattern'?

    And Albano is right, I like the look of it!

    I think you may be referring to the IZLOM pattern, which is kind of a pixelated flecktarn look with slightly amended colours. These are purely commercial or private purchase and shouldn't really be expensive. I decided not to buy any unless it can be proven to have been used by some regular Russian outfit.
    avatar
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Age : 42
    Location : Denmark
    Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by saltefanden on Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:37 pm

    The IZLOM is exactly the pattern the Russian guy called FROG-pattern for some reason, and it is indeed more pixilated but not digital. But the digital uniform I was offered for 200 USD looked to be the same cut and true digital or pixel camo shown on Aussie Flecktarn's original post.

    Like someone has mentioned before, it seems many Russian units don what ever camo scheme and gear they feel like, and the camo variations are close to staggering - Russian DPM, Flectar-D, IZLOM, "Finnish" M/05-type, it is almost as hard to keep track of as the different patterns the Chinese army branches get to play with...
    avatar
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Age : 50
    Location : AUSTRALIA
    Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by Flecktarn Australia on Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

    koalorka wrote:
    saltefanden wrote:Hi, I got offered this pattern one month ago from a Russian eBay dealer, but outside of eBay rules and protections, so 'we can both make profit', which I declined as it was not cheap.

    He called it 'digital FROG-pattern' and sure enough, the Russian FROG-pattern (supposedly worn by border guards and special forces?) looks like a more squared but not pixelated Flecktarn, in slightly more contrasting colours.
    So one possible name could be 'digital FROG-pattern'?

    And Albano is right, I like the look of it!

    I think you may be referring to the IZLOM pattern, which is kind of a pixelated flecktarn look with slightly amended colours. These are purely commercial or private purchase and shouldn't really be expensive. I decided not to buy any unless it can be proven to have been used by some regular Russian outfit.

    IZLOM is made by SPOSN (under contract) and there is another company called MODOKS that makes a commercial version called SKOL. It is used by Russian Special Forces and I noticed that neighbouring Kyrgystan is using it too.

    ********************************************************** RUSSIA IZLOM ***************************************************************


    *************************** KYRGYSTAN IZLOM *******************************
    avatar
    saltefanden
    Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

    Age : 42
    Location : Denmark
    Registration date : 2010-12-23
    Number of posts : 731

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by saltefanden on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:51 pm

    Oh my God! That Kyrgyz officer looks like somebody force-fed Charles Bronson and ripped his moustache off!

    Thank you for the information on the makers - are SPOSN doing more Russian patterns under contract, and would they be considered 'issued' or 'real military items', for those of us who cares about those things, please?
    avatar
    Flecktarn Australia
    Corporal
    Corporal

    Age : 50
    Location : AUSTRALIA
    Registration date : 2011-11-17
    Number of posts : 66

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by Flecktarn Australia on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:22 pm

    saltefanden wrote:Oh my God! That Kyrgyz officer looks like somebody force-fed Charles Bronson and ripped his moustache off!

    Thank you for the information on the makers - are SPOSN doing more Russian patterns under contract, and would they be considered 'issued' or 'real military items', for those of us who cares about those things, please?

    Yes, definitely. SPOSN are official contractors for the Russian military and they make many of the clothing items for the Russian armed forces in all different patterns, such as clothing for the VDV (Airborne troops) in "Sever" (Flecktar-D) pattern as well as IZLOM. Other patterns they make clothing in are "Partizan", "Berezka", "Palma Summer with Amoeba" (KM-L.) Recently they brought out a digital pattern, Spectre - and I have a feeling that might actually be the digital flecktarn I asked about in this thread - ???? I just did a google search on "Spectre." Hmmmm. More research required!

    I am not sure how bonifide MODOKS is but there are plenty of photos on the internet with Russian troops using Modoks gear. So it looks pretty legit, to my eyes. Run google translator on this: http://www.modox.ru/ Nice website.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Russian Digital woodland Flecktarn

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:48 am