IACMC MILITARIA FORUM

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Civil Defense Liner ID please

ttitan27

Registration date : 2012-02-07
    Number of posts : 3

Civil Defense Liner ID please Empty Civil Defense Liner ID please

Post by ttitan27 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Hello all, I am brand new here and would really like some help if possible. These 2 Civil Defense "helmets" are currently up for auction and I was interested in getting them. To me they look like M1 helmet liners that were painted and had stickers put on them. Does anyone have any info on time period for these liners and possible value?? I don't have photos of the inside so I have no idea what the webbing looks like. Any and all comments are welcome.

Civil Defense Liner ID please Featured_pic
    1stDivVet
    1stDivVet
    Colonel
    Colonel

Name : Fins...
    Registration date : 2009-03-24
    Number of posts : 2561

Civil Defense Liner ID please Empty Re: Civil Defense Liner ID please

Post by 1stDivVet Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:09 pm

With chinstraps like those, the liners are either WW2 or Korea era. They are repaints used by the OCD. These are probably from the 50's into the early 60's. The deep shell 'doughboy' type were used in the 40's. Value is between $10-25 each. I wouldn't go more than $50 for the pair.

Fins...

Registration date : 2012-02-07
    Number of posts : 3

Post by ttitan27 Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Thanks Fins, as of now, I have the high bid at $13 for the pair and have my max set at $40 so we will see what happens. I may raise my max a little.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm